Taking another whack at it.

Discussion in 'General' started by bikefish, Jul 18, 2014.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

You can bend them by hand, very easy to do. I don't know about the strike cannons, but when I order straight mag cannons from Battler's Connection they come with a very generous length uptube that you can trim to your needs.

2. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

I always have trouble bending a short uptube, it never comes out right. Either the connector is in the way or the feeder end doesn't mate very well with the 'T'. Strike guns offer a long or short uptube and they a soldered so there is no connector in the way.
    Nice to see the UDT froggy I haven't seen one since 1971 Little Creek VA
    Barry

3. bikefish

bikefish Member

Parts (sans batteries and electronic cannon switches) are ordered. Will post a build thread when I get started. For the last two bits...

Stephen recomended these batteries.

Im thinking that the BC electronic firing controlers are a good idea. Anyone have experence with them? Other recomendations?

4. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

The firing boards work great. Use skotchkote to waterproof.

5. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

time to *RESURRECT A THREAD*!!!!!!

@bikefish, did you get anywhere with that Texas? For anyone interested in using this style setup, that lasercut isn't tailor made for this setup. You need significant modification to make it possible because of the deck layout. check my build thread to see some of those difficulties. Arming C turret is difficult at best--use a rotate cannon from BC if you're going to do it.
    You're going to need to take great care in placing the pump and the motors to make room. If I were to shift my Texas to this configuration, I would need to space my motors out significantly, push my pump forward, and to balance the weight, I'd tilt my batteries and set my CO2 tank along the centerline in the midships, leaving literally nothing but ballast and electronics in the bow.

The Texas Lasercut can be a real warrior, as long as you do the right things to her. get some 1.25" props, place them as close to the centerline as you can, and build a big fishtail rudder, making it chain or belt driven for extra throw. Those casemates in the stern are great. the bow, like everybody says, is a billboard. I had a forward sidemount this year, and getting it on target only comes at terrible cost.

I solved the problem by a different approach--by placing the duals in B turret with a nice bit of downangle, and the sides in D and E.
    the duals are more for surprising the unwary and hitting major combatants(Yammer, Bismarck) in support of one's own major combatant (IA, NC, SD).
    It's an experiment. we'll see if it works. all things said and done, I would have configured her for two pumps and made her a brawler. But I've other boats that need time, so, you know.

Funny how a search for "Tiger" turned this up. thinking about using the Tiger as a study of class 4 fast combatants.