Tall Ship Preussen 1.0

A 5-masted, square-rigged sailing ship converted for use as transport

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Kotori87 submitted a new resource:

Tall Ship Preussen - A 5-masted, square-rigged sailing ship converted for use as transport

Read more about this resource...

Xanthar, NickMyers and Connor like this.
  2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Having seen this ship in person, and sailed it in action, i can confirm that it is both a beauty and a very fun convoy. And makes a great piece of impromptu fencing.

Attached Files:

GregMcFadden likes this.
  3. Kotori87

Also the second unarmed convoy ship to sink me. Don't underestimate that bowsprit, it is dangerously effective at pushing ships underwater.

4. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

after 53 total hours of runtime (including 1 reprint and 2 false starts) on a Bambulab X1C, this was the result.

Purely a product of my trying to be a bit lazy and not dig around to look it up, does anyone have the cut lengths for the masts and bowsprit?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  5. Kotori87

Ahoy webwookie, I just got back from sea. I'll pull up the CAD model and get you the dimensions this week. Looking good so far!

webwookie likes this.
  6. Kotori87

OK, found the files and pulled up the measurements. From mast tip to base (ie the part you need to cut), the masts are as follows:
    Jigger mast: 372.725mm
    Mizzen mast: 435mm
    Middle mast: 455mm
    Main mast: 458.75mm
    Fore mast: 446mm
    Bowsprit: 138mm
    Did I include a set of plans and/or the CAD model in the zip file? If not, I can go back and add them.

webwookie likes this.
  7. webwookie

webwookie Active Member

Thanks, that'll save me a bunch of research time. I didn't see anything plans-wise, though it does look like you included some fusion360 files (at present I personally only have a current license for Solid Edge 2022, without any of the extra translators for proprietary file formats)

8. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

I want to try this but I cant currently print in ABS as my current printer situation doesn't allow for an enclosure. I have PLA+ and CA glue works very well on it. Not going to be more than a target anyway. Ill let you know how it goes.

9. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

PETG works great too.

I printed off a coast guard icebreaker at 10% infill with PETG and it did splendidly at NATS this year. made a hilarious DOINK noise when people would shoot the bow hard area.