Taranis Q X7 mods?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Anvil_x, Apr 14, 2019.

1. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

also make sure SH is not set as trainer in the special functions menu if you are using it for anything else

2. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Man, I'm sorry to be such a baby bird about this, Greg.

3. Anvil_x

Ok, so my interpretation of your description is right though? Alright. I'll try another switch perhaps. see if that shakes her loose

4. GregMcFadden

don't worry, we'll sort it out

5. Anvil_x

Okay. so. got it to work. the big problem was that the sidemounts were separated in the mixer to different channels (see above) and.... I... look we'll just call the duals good and not poke that monster--they work great, and the story explaining how I came to that solution is too long.

I lumped the two sidemounts onto the same channel. turns out that's a feature.
    Screenshot (562).png

the curves were pretty much the same ones you used on Provence.

6. Anvil_x

Last post I guess.

I set the sidemount solenoids to only be open for a max if 0.2 seconds, and set the guns to fire at +20 and -20. anything lower will just give me problems. I was able to get a good rate of fire by twitching my thumb, so I think it's good to go. the duals are now a manageable thing.

But. I will say this. I dumped a full combat load tonight testing the guns, and still had enough CO2 to go for another fifty cycles or so. so I've seen a 200% CO2 efficiency increase.
    I was able to get a really REALLY nasty tweak on the guns tonight as well, so the styrofoam shipping coolers I used to catch the BBs are thoroughly destroyed.
    In regard to both volume of fire as well as punch, Texas is in good working order.

7. GregMcFadden

wonderful. the other thing you will find... with slow you can tweak a bit in between... and it is also a good gun diagnostic. My primary goal with the timer was to help my son get used to not using all the gas at once... and then I found I liked it too... have fun :)

8. Anvil_x

Oh yeah speaking of timers, I figured out how to put a timer on the screen for my five minute count. Thanks for all the help, Greg!

I may have to drop my program on the resources section in case anybody wants to check it out

9. Anvil_x

Hey there Greg, time to resurrect this post!!!

So, first off, I'm doing something stupid.

I'm trying a modified brawler setup on Idaho with forward guns. I use SH as the trigger for the FWD gun already, but I want to add a second forward gun that is slightly more ranged out, also running on the SH trigger.

Mechanically, SF is a two position switch, and SH is a single position spring-loaded trigger.

So I popped open the mixer, and I set up the SF as the switch. one direction of SF, the close-quarters gun fires. I am trying to make it to where when I flip SF in the other direction, it inverts SH to fire the longer-ranged gun.

but everything I try does not work.

here's what I have so far.

CQB: SF(dn) works. Switch at rest: 0 Switch activated: 100. exactly what I need.

Dist: SF(up) does not. I have tried every weight and offset configuration, but every time I pull the SH trigger, it travels upward (toward a positive number)

messing with the weight and offset does nothing to change the direction of the output. I want it to travel downward. ie: switch at rest:0 Switch activated: -100

Is theere a way to have SF just Invert the SH to fire -100?

Thanks!

Also, please don't try to steer me away from using the SH for both. it must happen. it is the only way.

10. Anvil_x

Holy crap the next thing I tried did it.

LOLOLOLOL

I literally just changed Multiplex to "MULTIPLY" and set the weight to -100

anywho, hope this helps somebody else

11. Anvil_x

12. GregMcFadden

Nice. I was going to say that whenever you have a problem like this write out a logic flowchart in pen and paper and it will make it much more obvious what's happening because you can put each decision point and each switch point and make sure that nothing is ambiguous. That will tell you very quickly what the program steps need to be.

13. Anvil_x

yep! I remembered your suggestion from last time and wrote out my flowchart before I even started. that's how I figured it out. I was like "hey wait, if I multiply it by a negative number, it may do the trick!"

Now, I'll have a longer ranged gun for random harassment, and a close-in gun. should be fun to try. I figured after seeing the one pump proposal come up this year that I'd switch my two pump brawler over to a single monster brushless pump and throw on that second fwd gun.

Already have duals on Texas, so I wanted to go with something different

14. Anvil_x

Oh BTW if anybody's looking at the above screenshot, after I finished tinkering, I realized I didn't even need the mix for "Dist" and deleted it. the standard setting does the trick, then I just flip the SF switch there, and it inverts the channel so I can use the "CQB" gun