Team Deltas

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by Renodemona, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Hey all! I'm sure someone has brought these up, but I am a total moron when it comes to these Delta Boards. I'd like to use them in my smaller ships but I'm not sure what to get. I think the RCE220 Dual Ended is the one that replaces the MAG switch design, is that right? Which board(s) do I need to use for a fore/aft gun setup on one stick? (ie pull back to fire the aft cannon, push forward to fire the fore cannon) I assume the RCE200 is the basic one to use to turn the pump on/off right? Thanks a bunch in advance!

2. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

You will need two (2) of the RCE200 20v cards to fire 2 cannons, you use a y-connector plugged into the receiver to feed the 2 cards. They have the dipswitches on them to set the stick throw. The other switch cards do not respond as fast as the 20v card. If both guns were facing the same direction, they can be fired using 1 card.

The RCE220 is used for the throttle control, forward and reverse.

The RCE210 is used for the pump on/off. Pump draws too much current for a solid state device to handle, it needs a relay.

These units do not come with the servo lead, so have him install them, the price is $3.75 per unit.

Hope this helps. My PE uses all of these.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Perfect.Thanks Now I know what to get. .AHH do I need these boards to fire cannons too?

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

For throttle control, I use the RCE220 for CL's and smaller (and most convoys), and the RCE225 for bigger ships (same board with bigger relays)

5. djranier

What is the question Curt.

.AHH do I need these boards to fire cannons too?

The first card is used to fire the solenoids. In a set of tripples or doubles, only 1 card is required, but you will need 1 card for every gun, that fires in different directions.

6. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

How would these card be protected from water?

7. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

I secure them into a water tight box that I also place my Receiver into.

8. djranier

I coated mine with epoxy. So that I don't need a waterproof box.

9. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

I scotchcoat them, its waterproof and unlike epxoy is removable so i can rewire or play with the jumpers if needed.

10. the frog

the frog Member

what are delta boards,and where can i get them.

11. djranier

Epoxy is also very easy to remove, I like it better than scotchcoat. I think it gives a better overall seal. All you do is apply a little heat from the soldering pencil to the area you want to take off, it overcures the epoxy, and you can peel, and or cut it right off with no problem, becomes very soft.

But scotchcoat will work also if thats what you like.

Teamdelta, switch card used for motor control, pump relay card, and solid state switch cards. They all operate with a 5 to 7 ms response time. See above post for the explanation of what each card is used for.

Visit this site

12. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Whatr sort of solenoids would you se with the boards?

13. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Either the Clippard solenoids, or the Kips. Each has its fans and detractors. I like the Clippards, they're lighter and cheaper (and I haven't had one fail on me like the Kips). I know at least one person on this list will sing the praises of the Kips, but that's fine by me :)

14. djranier

I find that either Clippards or Kips works well, I have used both in my boats, and have had none of them fail as of yet, just keep the oil based products, and Alcohol out of them. The buna rubber will go bad, same as the regulators. Use air compressor oil and the buna will not breakdown and cause you failures.

I did see a Kips winding short out once, in Alan Osters boat, the case was glowing bright orange. But then a short will do that.

15. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

Would you know what the part number to the clippard solenoids are?

16. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

I think they are MME-2PDS-W012, is that right or is there a 6V version I dont know about?

17. djranier

There is a 6v version, I will have to find my catalog, will post it as soon as I do.

18. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Thanks! I think I just found the replacments for my stuff!

19. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

On the Clippard web site there's a part number "builder" where you can enter your requirements/options. It will generate a part number for you to order.

JM

20. Jacky Fisher

Jacky Fisher Member

How long are these Team Delta throttles lasting people?