Thanks All for a great year here

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by GregMcFadden, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

I just want to thank everyone who has taken the time to contribute to spreading this glorious addiction to others as well as spreading around what tricks they have learned. I know I have picked up a trick or two this year from folks here on this forum.

I also want to thank Justin for taking the time (and in some cases flack) for setting up a great area where everyone interested in this type of game can come together and chat. All in all, I think this has greatly helped the hobby as a whole, no matter what format one plays on.

We've seen, from what I can tell, rather unprecedented intermingling of the different groups this year, and as far as I can tell, that has been a huge success. No longer are we a bunch of small/tiny groups that by and large don't intermingle (at least online). Whatever format people play, we all get to chat with each other and spread around tips and tricks for what works, as well as great stories, build threads, and the occasional ribbing session.

I have seen more interesting innovations come to the surface in the last year than I have in a long time. For those folks (like me) who are driven to try something different, see how they can improve current tech, or just want to be different, this has been a great year. I hope to see more in the next year.

I belong to a lot of forums for a whole host of hobbies and interests of mine, and I have to say that this forum is definitely the most civil of the lot. For that, I am eternally grateful.

As we go into this new year, I see a hobby that, as a whole, emerges stronger and more energetic than in the years past that I have been around. I hope to see that continue into the new year and hopefully allow us to continue to recruit folks more easily.

Have a great new year folks, and enjoy.

thanks all!
    Greg

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I appreciate your kind words and all you do and, for that matter, what everyone does for this site. I love logging in every day and seeing everything has changed... what we were talking about is old news because someone had a new idea & everyone is discussing it vigorously. Sometimes I log in only after an hour & am disappointed that there are one or two new posts... Now that is a good problem!

This has been really a great year, and hopefully next year will be even better.

Happy New Years Everyone!

3. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

I would like to thank you all for the help. Justin its a great site. Happy New Years Everyone

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I would like to say that I am glad I came on to the forum. I resisted getting involved in another forum for quite a while but I have to say I like the ideas here and spreading the knowledge throughout North America and beyond. Bringing a dialog to all boaters was a good thing. Even though us Ircwcc members did come on like gangbusters, I like the idea of meeting more of you and seeing/battling the different formats. It has been said before that there is only a small number of battlers out there and the more we can do to be one big group, the better. I met new people and have some very good friends who post here. Thanks to all for having me.

Rob Arena
    Ircwcc Vice President
    NYBG moderator
    Iceman [:)]

5. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I agree, it is this forum that introduced me to, and got me hooked with, this hobby. I'd like to thank you above all Justin, but also all of the local battlers (rob, fred, ect) helping me get on the water.

6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

It's been a lot of fun and really brings people together. I can't write too clearly after staying awake for far too long (I was up early to laser-etch some awards plaques at the Tech Shop for the WWCC Fleet Meeting), but I think everyone can understand me if I say happy new year. May your aim be true and your pumps never clog!

7. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

This has become my favorite R/C combat site.
    Mainly because you can come here and see what everyone is doing, in all of the various formats.
    I have been on some of the other sites for years, and although there are folks on them from different formats, the atmosphere is generally that the site is aimed at a certain format, and the folks from the other formats are for the most part, just guests. Lurkers might be a better choice of words.
    This site is different in that we are all here as R/C combatants, in whichever formats we participate in, but can share ideas, and discuss the combat in general, the ships, the history.
    It is like eating at the food-court at the mall. We can all have our own preference of what we like, but we get to enjoy it together.
    Well done to all.
    Mikey

8. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Well said Mikey.

I must also take this opportunity to say thanks to Justin and crew for providing this site, and everyone who has supplied their input and expertise. It has done a great deal to keep me going on my project ships. When I start to get too busy to take time to enjoy the hobby, this helps refocus me. [:D]

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Happy New Year everyone!I'm back so I am just beginning to catch up to all the news since from Mid Dec. It feels good to be back. I want to thank Justin and the Combat Crew for all of their imput and efforts into this forum. I had Yamato and a bunch of empty hulls when the forum was being conceived and now I got more projects and ideas than I know what to do with but hey..I'm not complaining. I look forward to even more great new ideas, building,battling,ribbing,pictures and everything about this hobby that makes it so special.
    Heres to the gang in the New Year.
    Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.