Thanks MIkey!!

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Guys,
    I just received a package of 20 electric motors donated to the club by Mike Deskin. There are 4 each of four types of 380 size motors, 2 7.2-12V Wah Mings and 2 Johnson 550s. The Johnsons are 12V but from past experience run slowly on 6V and may be fine for Treaty capital ships.

Four of the small motors look identical to the ones I've been testing for pumps and propulsion in Class 1-3 models. There are 4 Mabuchi 380s like the ones that tested OK for Treaty battleships, and, with smaller outlet restrictors, for battlecruisers. Eight more are unknown re performance but are Mabuchi Golds and Silvers.

Mike's asked me to evaluate the motors and give him feedback on their usefulness. Thanks again Mikey for your generous support.

Bob

PS I expect the G3 plans are close behind!

2. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Bob,
    Ding ding ding, They were suppose to be shipped to me!!
    Just kidding. Let us know how the motors do?
    Thanks,

3. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

It will be good to have some data on different motor specs. I have a pair of 6v Graupner Speed 300's I'll be installing in Little Rock tomorrow.They'll be run through the BC Gearboxes.

4. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that they arrived.
    I thought I was supposed to send them to the BAD Bob. Is there more than one??
    Mikey

5. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

I've reformed. [}:)]

Bob