The Big Gun Cannon

Discussion in 'Weapons & Pneumatics' started by Kotori87, Feb 1, 2007.

1. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

How about if it's YOUR ship? Would that still be funny?

JM

2. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

whell to me that would depend.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

To you, then, if you just watched $3000 worth of ship that took you 4-6 months to build, gone forever. Would it be funny, then? :)

4. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

Just look at the picture of the Famouse Gissuano Incedent, Then tell Me if you want your ship to blow up ;)

5. Tugboat

I have no intention of having my ships blow up. Usually, the goal is to sink everybody else, and dance on their grave.

6. Mark

Mark Active Member

As Tug said to see my rather expensive toy explode would not make me happy:( besides I see explosions every day at work, why would I want to see them on my time off? I think it will HPA or 4 24oz CO2 bottles going into a manifold to help with the freezing issue.

7. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Luckey i want to see explosins everyday. Iwouldn't want to see a brand new ship or still active ship go KA-BOOM. I'm talking about like a old hull that no ones using. I dont want to start a fight about this though.

8. Tugboat

No one's angry with you, just can't think of anyone who wants to see a hull of any type go kaboom. Just remember, us disagreeing with you doesn't mean we're pissed off :)

9. TRich19

TRich19 Member

i think it would be funny even if it was mine it would simulate all three turrets blown up at once perfectly

10. TRich19

TRich19 Member

it would be unfortuanate but funny for the first seconds

11. TRich19

TRich19 Member

i understand that hobbies are usually expensive but it seems kind of dumb to pay 3 thousand dollars for a sweet rc boat please straighten my thinking

12. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

It seems kinda dumb to spend thousands of dollars on a bike, ride 60+ miles on weekends, then drive to work. But millions of people ride their bike as a hobby and pour money into it. It doesn't make sense to spend millions of dollars pulling a wrecked Panther out of the muck in Russia, shipping it to California, and restoring it to running condition, but there is an obscenely rich man who has done just that and has a warehouse full of other tanks that he has restored. It doesn't make sense to buy lipstick, yet millions of people do. It only makes sense when you realize that everyone thinks they are getting something out of the money they spend. Bicyclists have fun riding their bikes and get good exercise. The rich guy enjoys history. Women think that lipstick will make them look better.

I'm attending NAMBA nationals right now, and one woman I was talking with said that the guys enjoy "going fast and crashing hard." To them, it is worth $3,000 to build or buy a boat that will do nothing more than drive in circles at high speed.

You've got to decide if you think that you will enjoy the hobby enough to spend money on it. For me it is worth it, and almost certainly will be next year, and for many years after that.

Nibbles1 likes this.
  13. Mark

Mark Active Member

Amen!

14. Tugboat

You can build one for far less than $3000, but you need the skills, tools, and some cleverness.

15. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Or a good friend who has skills, tools, cleverness, and isn't busy....By the way, my Rodney set me back about $900 Australian. My WWII Lion is gonna be about $1200, I think. I hope.

16. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Anything that doesn't put clothes on your (or your family's) back, a roof over your head, food in your belly, or keep predators at bay is "entertainment". People spend enormous amounts of money on entertainment. It's all a matter of what's important to somebody.

$3000 is kind of high for a typical R/C warship. Somebody could spend that much, especially a 1st-timer who has to buy a lot of tools or makes a lot of mistakes (like buying wrong equipment, etc.). I could probably sink (pun intended) that much into a ship, but it would be a pretty advanced design & very reliable for that much money.

Frankly, I'd love to see & participate in a R/C warship combat sport where ships often cost $10,000 & up.

JM

17. TRich19

TRich19 Member

ok because i have access to tools and that kind of stuff. so with just the ship parts what is the average price of things

18. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

Depends on teh ship. Now the Des Moines buying all the stuff from battlers i think would cost around $900.

19. TRich19

TRich19 Member

with all the stuff it costs 865

20. lalimerulez

lalimerulez Member

i was close :)