The Italian Littorio...Now Available!

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by modelshipsahoy, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Nibbles1

Nibbles1 Well-Known Member

Ramen, Udon, Shabu Shabu (IDK how to spell it), Okinamiyaki (Still can't spell), Tempura (Thats right), Yakitori, Curry rice, Miso Soup, Edamame, Mochi and more.

Now let's shut up and talk about littorio

2. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

BAIT

rcaircraftnut and jadfer like this.
  3. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Stocking stuffers in today’s mail. Somebody’s been a good boy. Thanks Carl! This is gonna be a sweet ship... if we can ever get caught up. Buried with regular production atm.
    D9CCF87B-BFDD-49B0-B1C8-37C66A965FCC.jpeg

4. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

you asked earlier where it may have come from, So looking at the hull more, I suspect it is one of my wood kits from back in ~2013 The ribs seen in the picture line up perfectly with the locations in the wood kit.

Xanthar likes this.
  5. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Got the frame from Md. and they got it from Ga.

It probably was a very early one because it was .750 too short and about .375 too narrow. Maybe scaled for biggun for thicker cladding. Barbetts didn't match my Italian docs, but that isn't a real issue.

Music wire armor belt to make it crisp.
    Tons of wallboard filler to make it flat and hide the ribs,

6. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

The original kit was 64.98 inches long, which matched the dimensions of littorio. Roma, on the other hand was 1/4 inch longer in our scale. the IRC ship list has the wrong length listed (conways has littorio at 780ft, The book The Littorio Class, at 237.7 meters) . IRC length is 0.83 inches too long for littorio and 0.58 too long for Roma.

Sides of the original kit were inset by 1/8" per side for big gun . holes in deck were really only for location, not much anything else, were taken from the plans from the aforementioned book.

Xanthar likes this.
  7. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Huge News on the Littorio front. The providence on the plug Carl sent has been Questioned. Carl asked me not to pull a mold from that one while he built a new one that would be beyond reproach. He put a lot of work into getting that down the road and we were waiting to build this off that new plug.

Somehow God has intervened. I was connected to a retiring model make in the Mid-West. We ended up buying his entire inventory of molds. These are excellent molds built to the highest standards. Mostly power boats which are our Bread and Butter, but also 4 Combat models.

Somehow the Littorio was one of them! Includes a nice deck set up for 1/8 ply hatches.

I’ve not pulled one yet to see the lines and surface condition properly. The mold has gel in it from long ago, as protection. But we are calling this available for $159 with Free Shipping.

Pm me for payment details.
    661703AF-A7C6-4D6D-A821-620434EA737F.jpeg

8. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

We had to skin the old gel that was left in the mold for years to pull it out cleanly. Now with the lines visible, it is obvious that our new mold was NOT made from the plug @thegeek sent us.

This first hull has a couple cosmetic flaws from years old and thicker than normal gel (we spray ours thin) sticking in the mold. I will up armor this and let it go for $125 with Free Shipping.

$159 gets you a perfect one built by us start to finish.
    02DB331A-A52A-4B02-B2B6-90E5F4610550.jpeg 4BE600A7-43E4-4D6E-B8E7-B5F1ECEA4093.jpeg 8D8DD8CE-6E6B-4FDD-955B-213916ED6DB1.jpeg

rcaircraftnut, Beaver and Xanthar like this.
  9. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Do you have the terret covers??
    Nikki

10. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

Not yet