The Malaya Build

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by ChuckR, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

She got her first taste of water and is egar for the next round of sea trial.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I thought Newfoundland was shrinking... gimme back the rocks!!

3. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Hey rock boy....you think you have a monopoly to NFLD. It's my rock too.....lol. Got my radio today. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

This is great news! Good job guys! Love the pics... nice to see it finally coming together. Ok.... as far as the ESC goes.... here's the deal... as far as we can figure from talking to those online and our own trails.... one ESC per engine. I used Proboat cause they already come marine ready... they are around 80.00 each. I ran NC on one and nearly blew the boat apart.... it was not good.... lost total power. It was the main reason NC fell apart (and victim to Yamato) at CANNATS 9. It was a bad time.

I can help you build a throttle servo if you want.

5. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

What was the price tag for the one you gave Gregory. It worked that one day and doesn't work anymore.

6. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

chuck thinks he has it partially mastered not sure

7. Craig

Craig Active Member

heheehehehh You gotta watch the wiring Chuck... those damned escs can be tempermental... I swear I do not want to have an electronics degree to run one of these things.... :) Anyways, the little bristol bay one... I think they ran about 20.00... now, I wouldn't use it on anything more than a convoy or small engined ship. They aren't rated for much.

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

In case I didn't .... I challenge you Chuck.

9. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

What challenge Craig??????

10. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

I have a question.....With dual stern cannons, do they face straight off the stern or can they have to be at an angle??????

11. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Just buy the Team Delta R/C Dual ended switch $36.00. Works great as a throttle control. You can run one or two motors on it with no problems, coat it with epoxy, or scotchcoat, Bingo, waterproof, what I use in my PE.

But you will have to use pinnions, and drag disks to get on speed. As far as I know, no one has had one go bad as of yet.

Visit this site

12. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

In need of 2 turrets for Malaya. I looked on the BC webpage but they don't show any for the QE class. Anyone know where I might get them.

13. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Ralph Coles has the mold for the hull he also may have the turret molds.

14. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Chuck,
    Two answers for you:

1) Stern guns can be aimed anywhere in the 30 degree stern arc. If they're duals, triples, or quads (KGV) in one turret they point in the same direction anywhere you want within those 30 degrees. If you have stern guns in two turrets you could have one turret aimed up to 15 degrees to port and one up to 15 degrees starboard, or at any angle between 0-15 degrees from the centerline.

This rule is in the IRCWCC on-line rule book, where the answers to most construction and battling questions can be found.

2) Ralph doesn't have a turret mold for the QE Class. I loaned him my mold when ever he needed to make a set of turrets to sell with his QE hulls.

Bob

15. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Thanks Bob, I posted here before checking the rules. Do you have any turrets that I could buy from ya. I only need 2.

16. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

well got some more work done today. Aft lower turret now has 2 dummy cannons in place and the whole thing is ready to be placed. I decided to go with dual aft cannons in the upper position. The engine mounts are all resined in and aint goin any where. The battery trays are resined. Cross members are in for all decks. The servo tray is in place and ready for the servo once it is tool dipped. Some minor trimmimg of the subdeck is need to allow for the rudder gears. Pics will be posted tomorrow.

17. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Wow Chuck if you canget some turrets and the two guns you need you will be ready very soon.

18. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

19. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

20. JRodgers

JRodgers Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.