The New England Task Force Revived

Discussion in 'New England Task Force (IRCWCC)' started by DemonWolf, Aug 11, 2014.

1. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Member

The New England task force is back! Here is a little background about the club. Don Fisher was the fonder of this club establishing in the 1990's. Unfortunately Don passed in 2012; He will be missed greatly by those who knew him. Several other members came down with medical troubled or could no longer find time to participate in the hobby. We are now currently four members strong, and getting back into the swing of things. Right now we are looking to enlist more members to the club. The area to our club membership base are in the following states.

- Connecticut
    - Maine
    - Massachusetts
    - New Hampshire
    - Rhode Island
    - Vermont

We would also like to invite and welcome anyone from Montreal, Canada to the Atlantic Ocean "roughly" to feel welcome to join the New England task force. We are currently trying to become active members on the webs and forms. Come check out our updating Facebook page at NETF Facebook . If you would like to join the club or are interested in learning something about the hobby in our area do not hesitate to contact us.

Feel free to contact us in any of the following ways listed below. We will do our very best to respond to you as soon as possible.

NETF Facebook
    NETF RC Navel combat forms
    Yahoo ( IRCWCC)

Members of current club
    Squadron Commodore - David Simmons
    Squadron Tactical Officer - David DerMugrditchian - USS Massachusetts
    Email- lawlessrecon1@yahoo.com
    Form name- Vandal
    Fleet Admiral -Don Fisher- founder ( deceased 2012)
    Squadron Member -Erik Newman- USS Pittsburg
    Squadron Communications Officer -Fred Elwell- Medical LOA
    Squadron Quartermaster -Kyle Scott- USS Washington>
    Email- kyledscott125@gmail.com
    Form name- DemonWolf

2. Vandal

Vandal Member

We are looking forward to getting back out on the water!

-Vandal

3. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

I hope the Task Force will be well represented at the Battle for Ming's Moat on the weekend of Aug 22!

4. Vandal

Vandal Member

There will be 4 of us up at Ming's Moat!

-Vandal

5. bgt0990

bgt0990 Active Member

Yipeee!

6. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Congrats on reviving the NETF! Too bad Don Fisher has passed - he was a great guy and we chatted quite a bit at the 2003 Nats.
    I'm located in Halifax, Nova Scotia and spend part of the summer in the province of New Brunswick, 2 hrs from the border with Maine. I attended the 2003 IRCWCC Nats from our NB cottage and it was an 8 hr drive, so any RC naval combat event from Rhode Island north is within reasonable driving range.
    I'll be retired in about 2 years so will have lots of time for the hobby and am willing to travel as there've been no local battles (to my knowledge) since 2008.
    Bob

7. Vandal

Vandal Member

Hi Bob,

I'll shoot you a pm. We're happy to have you aboard!

Vandal

8. DemonWolf

DemonWolf Member

Hi bob I'd like to take a moment and welcome you to join us as well. I actually have family that own property up there on the bay of fundi. Well actually I live in Rhode Island my self. I am sorry I've yet to post a thread of our future pond. My grandparents live on a pond here in R.I I got the ok to use it as a battle site for future R.I combat. Vandal has seen it and he feels it is a great place for us. I will try to get picture up of it as soon as I can.
    Vandal and I are free to chat anytime works just got me busy this weekend I'd like to apologize for the late response from myself.

DemonWolf