The October Revolution

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by Tugboat, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

The Labor Day battle unveiled one of the fighting machines of the Soviet people... Evstafi! Soon, Comrade Anachronous will be captain of Ioann Zlatoast, and the Soviet Navy will double in strength! We will be flying the Red Flag at Nats 2010 in Houston, defying the efforts of the capitalists and fascists to oppress the will of the People (which is coincidentally identical to MY will...).
    Now, as for the future plans... a pair of Gangut class Dreadnoughts (26sec, 4.5 units), or a pair of Svetlana-class CLs (which the bourgois refer to as 'Profintern') (22 sec, 2.5 units)?

I have already begun construction of the convoy ship 'Industrious Prole' (which looks a lot like the French oiler 'Elorn', but with a much nobler visage). Presumably, we will need at least two (2) convoy ships to carry all of our glorious propaganda materials. So please think about what the will of the people is (which is suspiciously like YOUR will, A...) on this matter.

2. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

I keep reading that ship name as 'evil sta'. Still sounds russian.

3. eljefe

eljefe Active Member

I think the Gangut would be more interesting, and bring greater glory to the struggle of the proletariat.

But both ships were creations of the wicked czarists. Are you merely a stooge of the imperialists?!

4. Tugboat

Your specious allegations are for nought, bourgois dog! I am merely using their own weapons against them! If it was good for Uncle Joe in WW2, it's good for the Revolution, this time with less genocide! Comrade Anachronous has the plans for the Gangut DN, so it seems likely that it will make it to the water.

5. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

I shall have to get them in the post to you soon. The plans for Gangut are as he appeared in the Great Patriotic War!

6. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Where were the bulges on the Gangut? I have a set of prints without the bulges. Where did they start, end, how big, shape? Do you have a print with that info?

7. Anachronus

I'll post what I have for the hull when I get home this evening.

8. Anachronus

It does not look like she was bulged to the extent that other nations did. I have no "as built" to compare though. What I have is posted in the file manager.

9. Tugboat

Oh, Anachronous... The frames drawing is so very tempting 8) I will finish your PDN before I cut any more frames out, though!

10. Anachronus

Get on Izzie and I will send you the whole set. :)

11. Anachronus

From the reading I did last night it seems that only Sevastapol was bulged during its second round of refits. I have seen no illustrations but the account was that the bulge ran from the first turret to the last turret and increased the beam by 6 meters.

12. Tugboat

Heh. No problem. If nothing else, Izzie and Effie will be 100% ready to fight next year (which means fitting out over the next few months). Any other glorious Soviet warships on the water would be bonus points. Do you plan on bringing a convoy ship?

@ Gangut... The beam of the frame on the pdf is 7"... are they the bulged or nonbulged? Without the 'as built' to compare to, do you know what year the plans say she is? Doesn't matter for building purposes, just need to know for scaling purposes :)

13. Anachronus

Gangut was never bulged from all I can find out. My sources being McLaguhlin's "Russian and Soviet Battleships.

Sevastopol was the only one who got the bulges. The other three did not so build it as it is. Poltava of course was never refitted at all. I would love to find the "as built" plans for the set of them but oh well. I will send along the plans for the Black See dreadnought Imperitzia Maria.

14. Tugboat

Sweet. I'm looking forward to getting Izzie done for you, and starting my overhaul of Effie. I'm contemplating a brushless motor for the pump.