This looks new? Hello

Discussion in 'Atlantic Radio Control Club' started by Craig, May 2, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Of course! That is another division mind you... Message Curt if interested in those fields.

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

Cat out of bag! Enjoy. Let discussion begin.

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Welcome to A.R.C.C GUYS. I am pleased to announce the arrival of "Bismarck".He is home and well.

I will post photos from our show here. More to come. Welcome aboard.

Curt

4. Craig

Craig Active Member

Congrats Stokomoto!

5. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

Good luck with the new and improved. Could be cool and allow for new ideas.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I am thinking that this club will be a test bed for the new Canadain Combat style of rules. The draft is already in place. Now to "Tweak" it.

The beauty is that ships currently set up to play both styles such as IRCWCC and MWC will not have to change at all. Options are one of the main focuses here.

I will be drafting a new ship list. The ships will be based on FULL LOAD displacement to allow a Captain the "OPTION" to maximize his ship but not over and above beyond his model's capacity and costs.

Example. My Bismarck is class 6 6.5 units under the Ircwcc/MWC format. Nabs this year allowed a class 7 ruling. Under full load 7 units is the Maxium however ships built to standard displacement(current MWC/IRCWCC unit ratings)can remain as they are without the need to upgrade. I am quite happy with my Bismarck remaining as is class 6 with 6.1/2 units. Tirpitz will be class 7 7 units under Full load displacement.
    This allows a little more flexibility and upgrade but not excessively. Allows the Captain more freedom of choice. Upgrading by adding 1 unit is not drastic and expensive or time consuming. It just adds a little more "SPICE" to the game.

More to tweak here as I will review the format and submit proposals for the people onboard here.For now nothing has changed with the ships but by the end of the summer I want to have a Code of Conduct, Rules format, and ship list ready to go for activation of the club.

IDEAS ARE WELCOMED!!

On to other news. The show was very successful for A.R.C.C. Lots of interest in the ships. To get interests I will use the large ships to draw the attention but shift the primary focus to the med size and smaller ships to make it "less intimidating" to enter the club.
    Don't be surprised If I have a VDT happening this season.

Started Nabs with a German ship, going to start this one with a German ship ..Naturally.

Bismarck has ARRVIED!! YIPPEE. The 20+ year old Transmitter is TOAST!
    The receivor battery ditto. Looks like I need to add 21st Century Technology to Bismarck..hmmm SPECTRUM..you say? Also I need a 12v 7amp battery, maybe a new pump and the deck needs a repair and cosmetic cleanup, the hull needs new paint below the waterline. New flags on order already. It's great to have the ole Guy back. I am confident I can garner new recruits with it.

Welcome aboard Captains.

Sign off ships in the fleet please.

IJN YAMATO
    DKM BISMARCK
    USS CALIFORNIA

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I did have blue fur..when I spilled Blue Tool dip over my jeans and it soaked right through. Hairy blue legs are not a pretty site..ugh!

8. Craig

Craig Active Member

Well Curt.... just like we discussed a year and a half ago it's change time. You've got a great thing going there and I'm with you 100%. Continue to let me know if you need anything good buddy. Unfortunate that I only have the one ship as I am keeping my options open for now, the frontrunner is to run as an Independant. Do my own thing and be happy doing it. Some people can push you to the edge, discourage you and make you want to quite because they need their existence to be justified, but, I am soldiering on. I like my guns too much!

As far as the show... good on you! I am very pleased with your turnout, and yes, I think next year, you'll be running it. No brainer. You had the busiest display, the action was all with you, the buzz. Who the hell wants a static model or a speed/fishing boat, a little race car, when they can have combat tanks/boats or stunt flying helicopters! Inaction does not draw a crowd. Everyone will watch with rapt attention, biting their nails and hoping for a crash with the stuntman. The lecturer... not so much. That is the difference for me. The masses will gather for the show... not the speech. Unless the speech is really good.

You can do both. That's why your shows do so well. Good blend. Keep it up Stokomoto. We'll talk soon... I'm sure of it.

Craig

Let's get the Canadian Rules going here man!

9. ChuckR

ChuckR Active Member

You looking for browny points there Craig.

10. Craig

Craig Active Member

Noooooooo Just a regular brownie will do. But I don't really need that with the chocolate cake and ice cream sitting here.

11. Chris Easterbrook

Chris Easterbrook Well-Known Member

Some brown nosing going on here.

12. Craig

Craig Active Member

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Craig please keep your nose out of my Brownies!

14. Chris Easterbrook

Not bad Curt

15. Craig

Craig Active Member

That was just sick.... you are a sick puppy. That wasn't me anyways it was Chris.....

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Sorry .. I couldn't help myself..

17. Craig

Craig Active Member

You could have! Where are those damned moderators when you need one.

18. Chris Easterbrook

I don't know where they are, come out come out where ever you are.

19. Craig

Craig Active Member

I think the message is clear..... pretty much anything goes. A much easier way of handling things.... don't you think?

20. Chris Easterbrook

Either way can bite you sometmes I think.