Throwing in the Towel

Discussion in 'Washington Cascade Column' started by tgalx3, Oct 30, 2011.

1. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I know I was the one who expressed a big interest in further winter battles. With recent events in my life I think Im throwing the towel for the winter. My boat needs too many repairs/updates and not enough time to do it.

I'll be missing the next battle because I had some classes come up that I can't move around. Keep in touch and we can do the hobby fair in February.

2. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

I cannot make next weekend either.
    Tirpitz
    [​IMG]

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

We'll miss you guys on Sunday. We're going to give it one last shot for the year. Joe, you'll have to start a build thread for the big T there so we can all drool over your new toy. :)

4. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

pete is going to try and make it...this grampa has to take him
    build thread..ya..good idea..will have to do that..something to do over the winter besides drink beer.

5. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

My sister ship is growing!! I cant wait until they sail together.

6. NickMyers

Pond is going to get crowded with all these big ships

7. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

Just call it a target-rich environment. You know, "fire as the targets bear" and all that?

8. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Where are the sites you battle? I am curious as to how far you are from me, if you don't mind a Scharnhorst, maybe a Westfalen or Carrier etc. dropping in from time to time. I am on Vancouver Island can take a ferry right to Whidby Is and go from there.
    J

9. NickMyers

We currently battle at three different locations - Coal Creek in Bellevue, Swan Creek in Tacoma and Hanson Ponds in Cle Elum. Bellevue is closest to you, about 2 hours from the ferry at Whidbey Island, add about an hour for each of the other two sites. We have little google maps embedded on our Ponds page that you can get an idea of location from.

You are definately welcome to join us at any time, we don't require that you tithe, pay us anything, etc. We are probably done with battles for the year but will likely be doing a couple get-togethers over the winter if you're interested, they however would be most likely down towards Olympia which might make for a rather long trip.

10. Rodman

Rodman New Member

Hay nick sorry i wasnt able to come to the last battleout, i was out of town. I will keep watching the W.C.C. for more info on gatherings just in case i can make a get together. Please keep me posted on whats up and going on thanks.:D