Tiny Combat Ship Components

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannonman, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

All CO2 systems must have a manufactured pressure regulator set to no more than 150 psi.The pressure regulator must be connected to the tank using only manufactured hoses or unions rated for CO2.
    The absense of the regulator was the issue. It's all on how you define it, and the CD has final say.
    Trust me, I spoke in depth and even showed that a ship before battle has all it's C02 on (past the regulator), there was no difference. But, I lost...

2. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Tuggy, I cut out all the parts and they all fit great..... except rib 1 and 11. What did you do to get them in there? I saw in your build that you found a little discrepency in the shape of the stern of the Hull, but I couldn't see in any of your pics how you corrected it. And it seems like maybe I need to notch the front keel to accept rib 1 so it isn't too tall to fit under the deck?

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I've run it past Brian K, Pete D (Region 3 BOD man), and a few others, plus Bob via the internets, and they all agree that the logic that the regulator is present when the gas is being charged into the accumulator is acceptable. While I agree that the CD has final say during a battle, I think he was wrong in that instance. No disrespect to whoever the CD was, just honest disagreement. And as I pointed out in the Othar thread: If what you had on your destroyer is illegal, every ship with check-valve-equipped accumulators is illegal, since they are isolated once charged.
    Or, looking at it another way: The entire ship is a low-pressure side of a CO2 system. There is no high-pressure side aboard, and thus no need for a regulator once charged.

@Cannon - great news on the progress! I'll look at what I did as soon as I get home tonight. The discrepancy at the stern was that the plans had the deck round, and it was supposed to be square. Or something like that. More news tonight.

4. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

I agree, he did not. I will say to put it out on the list so there is no confusion and a ruined battling weekend.

5. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Well, for testing purposes at the upcoming weekend, I'm covered :) Brian K and I are the only adults signed up, and we both agree. For Nats purposes, I'm going to be running Scharnie a lot, so if the CD at Nats disagrees, I will smile, and keep running Scharnie. On that note, who is the Nats CD this year? It might be good to email him for an official opinion before I show up. If I need to run a reg and a CO2 cartridge, then I can be prepared.

6. Cannonman

Cannonman Ultimate Hero :P -->> C T D <<--

Thanks Tugboat. Look forward to hearing from you!

7. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I have been looking at having an RC higgins boat....
    It would be so small that it would be almost impossible to hit...

8. moose421

moose421 Member

Bob is the CD this year.