Tirpitz build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by joe thomer, Nov 20, 2011.

1. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

good to hear iceman. going to battle the way they are positioned.
    back to 6.5...no worries here right now...only using 6 units...need to make one gun a haymaker

2. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Bis is better as a 6.5....75 rounds in that haymaker are premium for when you are proximal to enemy ships ;)

"classic" layout (for 6.5 units) is dual stern guns,75-round haymaker, bow sidemount on each side up front, 1 pump.
    "Classic" layout (for 7 units) is dual stern guns, dual stern sidemounts, bow sidemount on each side up front, 1 pump. (Or double up one of the bow sidemounts)
    "Slugger" layout (only really works with 6.5 units) stern sidemount, 75-round haymaker, bow gun 15deg in 'B', bow sidemount, 2 pumps. Premium.

3. mike5334

mike5334 Well-Known Member

A layout I would consider for an IRCWCC 7 unit Bis is dual stern haymakers (twin cannons in both stern turrets set up on either side) and a 15 degree out and down cannon off each side in the bow turrets. Match that up with the turning ability of Chri K's Bismarck and I don't think anything else will be more deadly.

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  4. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

You can't put 3 sidemounts on one side of the ship.

5. mike5334

EDIT: Realized that Bob wasn't talking about my setup, but the middle setup in the post before mine.

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I found the forward turrets set up as dual sidemounts and the aft turrets with C as a haymaker but inside the leading edge of the 30 degree arc and the D turret on the opposite inside leading edge of the 30 degree arc for a death Y worked very well. The C turret though you can get the haymaker effect better in the Death Y then the D turret however I found I was able to play all 4 turrets effectively. I couldn't shoot quite as fast using poppets compared to the solenoids but what I lacked in rate of fire I made up for in accuracy of shot and it worked very well. I felt Bismarck was covered very well for all around firepower.

7. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

wow, did not realize you could have so many configurations with the bismark. this is great. taking note of all the good info being provided. dual guns in one turret I know would require straight magazines. guess I'm going to have to learn how to modifiy guns down the road.

8. mike5334

Not necessarily with straight mags. My first ship had duals in the same turret and used coil mags. The mags were interlaced so the cannon breeches where within 1" of each other. Admittedly, that was the last coil mag ship I have ever done. I've found out that straight mags tend to be less hassle to change if needed.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

There's pics posted of my Bismarck with the straight mags installed under the foredeck. Iceman has them too as well. We both have similiar aft setups. His D turret is Duals I think but he also has the haymaker which is either disabled when he is using dual sterns . If I got that wrong Iceman can explain it better. We were able to coordinate effectively well our firepower. Death Y setup is a great setup and the forward dual sidemounts gives you great coverage for offensive and defensive tactical options.
    I only used 1 pump situated aft in the lowest part of the hull port side,just a stock motor and it held up well. I only have 2 SLA's 6v 12 amps tied for 6v 24 amps that's it and it worked very well for 2 sorties. I use coil cannons for the aft turrets which makes it very convienent to install and load as they are only single cannon setups.

10. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

I run all straights with teflon collars, very easy to handle and troubleshoot. I found the four guns in the back tends to weigh the stern down, Mine is underwater most of the time anyway. 4 coils take up a lot of room in the back. Plus motor. I have seen some new ideas for magazines which are great (and small) but I have straights cause they're easy and that's what I got.
    I have 7 guns mounted so I have options like dual sides, death y, ect. I love the options with the four turrets and plan to set up my Arizona like a mini Bis.

11. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

rob,
    That's should be neat to see!
    Nikki

12. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

to try and understand gun placement better
    for the bismarck class, see pick
    guns have to be placed at least 15 degrees off center line, but can be 15 degrees to 90 degrees. and can have a gun in each quadrant as shown, does this sound right
    http://rcnavalcombat.com/Portals/0/...rants.pptx

13. joe thomer

joe thomer Active Member

new paint job
    [​IMG]
    .[​IMG]
    .[​IMG]

14. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

nice topside, me likey

15. KeriMorgret

KeriMorgret Facilitator RCWC Staff Vendor