Tirpitz vs Bismarck?

Discussion in 'Vendor News' started by modelshipsahoy, Oct 21, 2018.

?

Tirpitz or Bismarck

1. Tirpitz

61.1%
  2. Bismarck

38.9%
  1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I apologize, did you think I was talking about you? I must admit I am not aware of how much you battle since I have never seen you at a MWC or IRC Nats or any of the regionals I attended since 2009, so please forgive my ignorance as I don't mean to offend.

I assume then that you battle up in Washington.. where rules lawyers, cheaters, and over-competitive captains do not participate. So.... why are you worried about what folks do in other areas? I am confused....

For the record .. I don't care what you guys do in Washington.. please have fun and enjoy yourselves!!!

As for the rest of this nonsense.... Don't worry I will put down my keyboard to help you get your ship ready for IRC fast gun Texas-Style. The shop is almost ready so I will be able to do some work soon. Then you will be ready to take on the Texan Horde at Nats! No reason to skip Nats anymore!!!

Let me know when your flight is arriving and I will pick you up at the Airport and you can stay in the spare room.

Looking forward to it!!!

XOXO

PS

I did quit the hobby.. in the form I was doing it. I will work on boats at my leisure and if they are ready I might battle locally .. if not.. whatever. Not hosting any events again.. ever. :)

2. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

1) we all try to be uniform in our cheaty, sea lawyering ways to prevent unfairness
    2) we're all psychotically competitive, its just compared to eachother, no one is *over*competitive
    3) Some of us actually are interested in going to events outside our area, we would like the people at those events to cheat in the same ways we do, to follow the same parts of the rules we do, and to sea lawyer in the same way we do, so that more people don't have to whine and cry

Panzer likes this.
  3. daisycutter

daisycutter Active Member

Is wanting an unfair fight wrong?

4. Sinkazuki

Sinkazuki Active Member

Don't do it Washington guy named Max! The guy named Jadfer in Houston has big smelly dogs sleeping in his spare room.
    Guy in Colorado named Randy
    Ps, nats is overrated, everybody is playing wot

5. NickMyers

seems that might depend on the manner in which a person arrives at the unfair fight? We simply strive to be equivalently cheaty, sea lawyering bastards so no one can accuse us of unfairness based on those standards.

Now, is it an unfair fight in that some captains are a god on the water next to certain peasants? Sure.

Is it an unfair fight if one persons ship is a crumbling decayed mess that they bought used 'ready to run, just add batteries' and the others is a battle tested, well engineered marvel of Poseidon's eye? Absolutely!

But these are fairly obtained advantages.
    No one ever grumbles 'well you cheated harder than me' when they get outbattled by a superior captain or because their ship has more in common with the Edmund Fitzgerald than the Bayern.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    buttsakauf likes this.
  6. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

I would love for you guys to go to an event outside your area. I think its a great idea! What did you have in mind?

7. daisycutter

I

8. daisycutter

Now that I know you are a God I bow to you. What was I thinking ? Life is humbling at times

9. NickMyers

Whatever I can get my wife to say 'ok' to and get myself and a ship/parts to at a sane cost.

oh ho, no, not I. not unless its a blind five year old driving the other ship.

10. modelshipsahoy

modelshipsahoy Vendor

All I want to know is.....

Would you rather cheat with the Bismarck or the Tirpitz? Lol

11. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

12. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

I voted for the Tirpitz originally but, it seems it may not actually matter which ship one wants to build because the hull length should be nearly the same. It seems that the difference in length between the Bismarck and the Tirpitz may have been exaggerated and that the longer number for Tirpitz came from a docking plan where a jackstaff was not upright. Here's a link to a discussion with some respectable sources cited.

So, would it be difficult to cut an inch out of one of these hulls and make it look right? Would that best be done amidhips?

PS. I changed my vote to Bismarck, mostly to see if I could.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  13. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

She and Eugen, started my 900+ ships list..
    Nikki