Tools n stuff

Discussion in 'General' started by marsman1993, Oct 16, 2010.

1. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

Spring clamps are great. sometimes the weight or shape of a c-clamp just won't play well with what needs to be clamped, and if you're moving the clamps around alot, spring clamps are quite handy. I've also made use of ratchet-lock spring clamps which have their uses as well.

Overall, making a list was surprisingly difficult, I was trying to weed out most of the unitaskers if a multitasker could do the job acceptably well for a new builder's needs. I also assumed that we're not setting up for more precise/advanced work such as cannon building. Didn't even get into consumable supplies such as masking tape, glues, shim stock, the fine art of recycling thigns you find around you into ship parts, etc.

2. marsman1993

marsman1993 Member

What would be a good workbench size? I'm thinking about just making a table of some kind with a tray just under the table and fixed between the legs to hold most of the hand tools and things like that.

3. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

do you have a link to the lake you found in spokane? the only one I found while googling lake mcarthur was lake aurthur, which is on Gonzaga university property.... which has a solid "no fun" policy reguarding projectiles

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I found this one near Sandpoint:http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/wildlife/wma/mac/

but it seems a bit big and out of the way

As for workbench size. As big as you can get? 5ft long is a nice place to be for starting, 2ftish deep is nice too. I've found that theres no such thing as too much linear workbench space.

5. Anachronus

Anachronus Well-Known Member

Indeed, clutter expands to fill the space available.

6. marsman1993

marsman1993 Member

maps.google.com/maps This lake is over in Naples Idaho. I'm still not sure yet about weather or not that lake will work out. Due to the fact that it is a public lake, and its huge. The good thing is that there are several other large ponds and lakes to check out in this area.