Looking For Traxxas Villian Gearbox

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by wdodge0912, Mar 6, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a spare Traxxas motor mount/gearbox for sale? They all seem to be out of stock online :(

2. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

eBay has a few and just in case, I put a cad model in the resources section a while back....

3. wdodge0912

I cant seem to even find them on ebay, you happen to have a link? I'm looking for more than just the plastic parts though, so the R part, not the X. Even just one half with the aluminum plate.

And I dont have a 3d printer yet

4. GregMcFadden

the aluminum plate ones are harder to find, but the aluminum plate can easily be duplicated with a drill and a little patience if needed. So if you can't find the metal plate, there are still options. https://www.ebay.com/p/1800222733?i...K77xy9-9GqL8yXLn3aDP4Fg3SpFnNVNEaAgvrEALw_wcB for the plastic

I don't have any extra spares unfortunately, but if you need a print of the metal plate to make one, I can measure mine.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  5. wdodge0912

Supposedly RCHobbyshop has some. That's all they have is Traxxas stuff, and it says they are in Texas.

I ordered come, bit we'll see what happens. Paid with PayPal, so I should be safe. In the mean time I'll leave this up, see if I actually get it, and it would never hurt to have a spare.

6. GregMcFadden

7. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

This reminded me that I drew up a 3d printable gearbox based on the Traxxas one, but I focused on making it stronger by splitting it in two so the layers would be best oriented for strength. Just glue it together with abs slurry when done. Idk if anybody is interested but I can post up the files if they are.
    IMG_20200307_230000.jpg

8. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

@Beaver if you'd be willing to share a .step or the original .f3d file, I'd love to play around with it for my own uses. Everyone's stuffing tube and shaft diameter preference is different, so instead of man handling the traxxas gearboxes with a drill like an animal it'd be nice to just make a correctly sized gearbox.

9. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Okay. I'll send you the files...once I find them...

10. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

11. wdodge0912

ended up getting an email earlier with a notice for a refund, that they were out of stock and not going to keep a back order

I have one of those, but was afraid of messing it up drilling the hole bigger for a bigger stuffing tube. The traxxas ones have the plastic for super cheap, so if I did mess it up, i'm not out a whole lot.

But I did get the hole drilled bigger, even using a spade bit of all bits. I figured too if it's a bit off I could always sand out more and fill it in with epoxy.

rcaircraftnut likes this.