Treaty projects

Discussion in 'Midwest Naval Combat Club' started by froggyfrenchman, Nov 15, 2014.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I wanted to start some threads on current and future construction projects for the formats.
    I will start with Treaty.
    I already have the following projects under construction for Vance and I.
    Danton, and Republique. Both are French pre-dreadnaughts.
    Both have progressed to the point of being skeletons. The Republique is one of Mark's kits (Libertie class), and the Danton is a scratch built hull.
    Both have some limited superstructure components assembled as well.

I also have Tom's USS United States project. A USS Lexington class battlecruiser. This is an old big-gun ship that is under refit for Treaty.
    The hull has brand new sheeting, and a paint job.Most of the superstructure is already in place. She needs internals installed.

I am giving some thought to starting perhaps one more future Treaty project.
    But up to this point, it not progressed beyond the thinking about it stage.
    Mikey

2. froggyfrenchman

Well, as some you already know. I have started re-fitting the G-3 British battlecruiser hull that started out as a Big-gun ship over to Treaty.
    I am not sure just who this ship belongs to. I got it from Matt, but I think it was Steve V's. But in any case. The conversion has begun, and I think we will see it on the water by mid-summer, if not spring.
    I think it is a very interesting ship. And it will be nice to see another hypo out on the water.
    Mikey

3. froggyfrenchman

Unfortunately, I was not able to get either of our new battlecruisers out for the battle this past weekend in Xenia.
    The new plan is to try to get both the British G-3, and the USS United States on the water for the October, and November battles up in Versailles, Ohio.
    Our two pre-dreads have been put on the back burner for the time being. But we still look forward to getting them finished.
    Mikey

4. froggyfrenchman

We were able to get the USS United States, and the British G-3 on the water for sea trials at the October event. They both have a full set of internals installed, and are only a few hours from being combat-ready.
    We also got the Republique, and Danton on the water for sea trials at the Nov. event.
    They only had a throttle and rudder installed. Just to get them on the water for photos.
    All four of these new boats will be ready for the spring battles next season.
    We also got the Kronstadt back on the water in Oct. And although she only ran sea trials, she is fully fitted out. So she will be back out there next season as well.

Currently, it looks like our next project will be the USS Texas. The boat belongs to Stephen, and is being completed locally. I hope to get to work on her in the near future, and post up some up-to-date photos.
    Mikey

5. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

Hey Mikey.
    Who had Kronstandt, First?
    Nikki

6. froggyfrenchman

The Russian belongs to Kevan. He had been overseas again. But is back now. It was on loan to us while he was away.
    I have started working on the Texas. Not a lot of progress just yet. But I hope to get moving on it shortly.
    I have also started tinkering with the Henry IV. Not a lot of progress so far. But it is such a neat little ship.
    Mikey

7. NASAAN101

NASAAN101 Well-Known Member

I haven't really found anything on Kronstandt. Can you tell me about her??
    Nikki

8. froggyfrenchman

Well with the Battle of the Denmark Straits behind us, I can start moving the internals out of the Hood, and into the USS United States.
    I will be chatting up out battle schedule with Tom Z. to see when he might be able to attend a battle and run his old U.S. battlecruiser. We will in the mean time get her battle-ready. But I am hoping that he can be the first to take back into action.
    The Russian was at the battle event in Xenia last weekend. But she did not see the water. But she was very close to being ready. Due to time restraints, we decided to loan Kevan the Prince of Wales. But his ship should be back in service for the June or July battles.
    I will be trying to make some progress on both the Henry IV, and Texas for the time being.
    Mikey

rcaircraftnut likes this.
  9. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Well-Known Member

Two new boats are now ready to battle after a very productive weekend build session at Mikey's. USS Michigan BB27 and USS Montana. They will both be at the July 4th battle in Xenia Ohio. Will bring the Scharnhorst as well to help the axis cause as well as allow me to play either side.

froggyfrenchman likes this.
  10. froggyfrenchman

Carl now has the Henry. Frank now has the Danton.
    I will be focusing on the Texas, and United States for the time being.
    M