Treaty warships under construction

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 11, 2007.

1. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

2. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

This morning, I ordered what will become the HMS Queen Mary. Over the winter, I plan to finish refitting the HMS Courageous and USS Salt Lake City, as well as perform some modifications and repairs to the trusty ol' HMS Invincible. If I get all four of them battle-ready, then I will start work on the carrier USS Belleau Wood and the icebreaker USS Burton Island.

3. froggyfrenchman

Sounds like fun Mike.
    I look forward to running with you more next year.
    Mikey

4. froggyfrenchman

All
    I have loaded some photos of the Treaty battle in Red Lion in the photos section.
    Mikey

5. crzyhawk

I recently picked up a Des Moines class Heavy Cruiser that will be run as the USS Salem. Until the Salt Lake City is fully operational again (being such an old ship, I want to make sure she's completely (right) before I throw her into the fire, the Salem will serve as my primary backup to the Invincible, and primary loaner ship. I'll probably set the Salem up with my Polk radio for now, and run the Invincible on my new Futaba 2.4 gig radio. I have no experience with multi-cannon sets ups (my duals on the Courageous were set up on separate servos so I could fire one or both as desired...my intention is to set up the SLC the same way) so I'm looking forward to learning how to make the triples work.

I'm also thinking about going with electronics in the SLC, given her ribs will cause a WTB to sit higher then I'd like. By going ESC it should give me more room, and help keep the center of gravity lower in the ship and allow me more flexibility to lay things out.

6. crzyhawk

I decided to run the Courageous this year instead of the Invincible. I've begun making her battle ready again for the first time in four years. Given the rules we are using in treaty, I think that she'll be a viable ship, although far from a world beater.

I got the radio box in this morning, with my new futaba 2.4 ghz rx, poppets and MAG throttle. Rudder servo is installed and operational. Cannons and CO2 system are mounted and hooked up. I've got no gas with which to test fire my cannons, that will have to wait for another day. Motors are installed and hooked up to the shafts using the original belt drive that Bob Pottle installed when he originally built the model. Wires are run, so I'll probably be able to get them up connected and tested tomorrow.

That will leave me with a resheeting job (the wood on the ship is probably 10 years old and hasn't even been patched from 2004 IRCWCC fall regionals which is the last time I ran the ship) and paint job (I plan to rip off the camo scheme for the Repulse when she was with Force Z) and I should be ready for sea trials.

Ravenna is only a month off now, I can hardly wait!

7. froggyfrenchman

8. froggyfrenchman

9. froggyfrenchman

10. froggyfrenchman

11. froggyfrenchman

Bobo's new German BB

12. crzyhawk

Sweet looking ship.

13. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Mikey,
    Thanks for posting the pics for me. I am happy with how clear they came out. Funny how the Bismarck has all these British ships around it. He feels right at home. :) Now, where are those scuttling charges?
    By the way, What's the white glue for?
    Bobo

14. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

hey froggy she looks nice tech question do you glass that super whene you are done and how dose it stand up

15. crzyhawk

Props turned on the Courageous for the first time in four years by remote control. Right now, everything works off the radio, short of actually test firing the guns. Hopefully next weekend I'll get her resheeted and start painting. I've got a few minor mechanical changes to make but she's pretty close to being ready. I DO still need to get the turret covers attached and dummy gun barrels installed, but that's not much work.

16. Gettysburg114th

Great job Mike!!
    Bobo

17. crzyhawk

You just want to make me go Hood with your Bismark! Don't think I don't see you lickin' your chops at a long, tasty looking 4 unit battlecruiser!

18. Gettysburg114th

Haha, drats!!! FOILED AGAIN...
    Bobo

19. the frog

the frog Member

20. the frog

the frog Member

Mikeys strasbourg and renown