Treaty warships under construction

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by froggyfrenchman, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Nice!! They Bismarck should like them. :)
    Bobo
    Uberpooperscooper

2. Gettysburg114th

Phil,
    Where are your ships?

3. Gettysburg114th

Bismarck update:::::
    Mike D came up with his British Battlecruiser yesterday and made progress on prepping his wood.
    I got the following done to Bismarck.
    Drive motor wired, protective screen installed.
    Rudders and prp shafts installed.
    Bilge pumps set in place.
    Deck laid out for guns.
    Re-wired the pumps and drive motor.
    Set the waterprrof boxes in place for the radio and rudder servo.
    Hope to get the boat in the water this weekend.

4. Gettysburg114th

Another Bismarck update:
    Got the lower barbettes glued on the deck.
    Cut the deck out under the superstructure.
    Pictures soon.
    Thanks,

5. Gettysburg114th

More Bismarck updates: In the tradition of getting something, anything, done to the boat each night, I completed the dual gun mount for Bruno turret.
    Thanks,

6. Gettysburg114th

BISMARCK UPDATE: Again,in the tradition of getting something done to the boat each night, Anton now has a dual gun mount.
    Thanks,

7. Gettysburg114th

Hope to work on Bismarck today, I'm starting to run behind on him. I wanted to work on him yesterday but, oders from the Admiral yesterday did not allow it. Garage/work shop is clean from deck to overhead.
    Thanks,

8. OKC-CAP

OKC-CAP New Member

Whats the difference between a traty warship and the ones now being built?

9. Boatmeister

Boatmeister Active Member

The main difference between the ships that battle in Treaty and other groups is our speed, pumping capacity and our allowing ships to change their batteries between sorties (Only the BBS and big gun allow this). Our firing rate is regulated by the captains to 2 shots per 1 second and with the firing mechanisms, we allow any of the existing technology. We don't care if you have circuit boards, solonoids or poppet valves. The only real regulation is that guns shall not penetrate 2 inches of insulation foam (like in big gun). If it does, the gun needs to be de-tweeked and that's an easy fix.

With our pumping capacity, we regulate the output of the pumps to
    1.25 gal/min = Battleship
    1.00 gal/min = Battlecruiser
    .75 gal/min = 1 unit cruiser pump
    .50 gal/min = .5 unit pump
    This gives the ships the ability to be sunk without taking nuclear type damage. It also eliminates the technology race with pumps. We really do not care how the water gets out of the ship (as long as the pump is not a positive displacement pump). Other groups are regulated by the outlet size. Back in the 80's it had it's merits when pump technology was limited. But now when you have a stock commercial pump putting out 2 gal/min (with a very efficient design), it makes it difficult to have sinks without literally having a section of your hull removed.

Our ship speed is also different. We use Conway's for our speed table. Ship speeds have been defined as 30 knots in life = 30 sec./100 ft. Per every knot faster or slower ther is a 1 second incrimental increase or decrease. With a maximum ship speed of 22 sec/100 ft.) (or 38 knots) and a minimum ship speed of 38 seconds/100 ft (or 22 knots). Over the past battling season we wanted to see if these speeds would work or if the divisions were too great. We found that the speeds worked very well. The ships were not a slave to a stiff breese and you didn't need a calender to time your ship or in battle.

Lastly, the main by product we found was that the sorties we have literally doubled in length. You also took less damage. If I remember right Mikey took about 225 total hits for the entire Ravena event last year. Bob too about 200 total hits for the same event. Both also sank. No one to date has had to spend the evening resheeting or repairing things that were damaged in the days battling. You also get to aim your guns. With the slower speeds and slower firing rate you are able to pick and chose your shots. It's not like "spray and pray" because that shot will not be available to you again in the battle. Hope this answers some of your questions.

10. Gettysburg114th

fun, fun, fun.

11. Gettysburg114th

I just pulled my first turret from my turret mold and I must say that I am, "very happy with the results." I'll try to take some pictures and post them on the Treaty Yahoo site.
    Thanks,

12. Boatmeister

All,
    I made a mistake on the pump outputs. I thought we discussed and passed the 1/2 unit pump = .5 gal/min. Apparently we discussed it but it never went any further. So as it is, until this is addressed, the pumping capacity of a cruiser is .75 gal/min. Sorry for this oversite.
    Eric

13. Gettysburg114th

Guys, I thought we did "address" the pumping capacity for the cruisers? I'm cornfused here. They are .75 gal/min correct?
    Thanks,

14. Boatmeister

15. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

Cruiser pump capacities.
    .75 gal/min. (even if they allocate a half-unit to the pump).
    So, yes, that is correct.
    Mikey

16. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

All.
    I am starting a new thread so that we can chat-up some of our more interesting
    rules.
    See you there.
    Mikey

17. Gettysburg114th

Are there pictures posted on this site of the Graf Spee and Florida plugs that Ralph is working on?