Tugboat to leave med school

Discussion in 'General' started by Tugboat, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Hi guys. My heart has not been in what I've been doing in med school, and it's been making me miserable. One of my bright spots during this time has been talking with you guys and working on ship stuff when time permitted. After talking with my wife, I am leaving MCG and we're moving back to where we were living before, which is close to her work. She makes enough money to support us, which leads to the happy part of my post...

I will be able to work full-time on producing detail parts for 1:144 and 1:96 scale, and a few hulls along the way. I will not be working for a little while, as I have to get us moved once we find a place, but soon my little project list will get turned into a little product list :)

So, I won't be a doctor, but I'll be happy. And there will be a new supplier of parts and hulls. Details to follow :)

Clark

2. Mark

Mark Active Member

Good for you, too often people get caught up in jobs they hate just because there's a decent paycheck involved. Remember you can have all the $$ in the world and still be miserable. I was on the way to becomming a lawyer but realised it was only for the $$ that interested me in the first place, not the work. I'm happy with my choice, I got to do the jobs I always dreamed of doing while as a kid (commercial diving + explosives engineer) I'm still doing them and quite happy at it. So here's to you Tug, and good luck:)

3. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

WOW! That's quite a change! Is your wife OK with that?

Whoa............

That said, tomorrow's happiness is most important overall; everything else is BS.

Are you going into the hobby full time then?

4. Tugboat

The wife is beyond cool. Best wife ever. My parents and sister are good with it, too, which is nice. I am going into the hobby mostly full-time. I will also be working on a master's degree in History, concentrating on modern naval history.

5. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Wish I could do that... gotta find me an awesome wife, first :(

6. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

hehehehe... yeah meee too. my g/f would be like:

"no"

7. klibben

klibben Member

after that move i dont think i'd have a g/f...

8. Tugboat

Well, she's my wife :) So it could be said that I don't have my girlfriend anymore :)