Tuggie's eCommerse

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by JustinScott, Jan 30, 2007.

1. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Tugboat, what's taking so long? Is there anything I can do to help? Is there anyway we can synergize the sites, get more traffic for each of us?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Tuggie's e-commerce will be up when the site itself is ready. Brian K, who did the coding for the MWCI site is doing the coding for this site. Also, we got a little bit of inventory when we bought the molds, but we don't want to hang our shingle before getting a decent inventory built :) A few parts here and there for guys on this site isn't a problem, it's when we open the e-commerce site, potentially a lot more people will be shopping. We don't want to wind up like Battler's Connection was in the past, trying to catch up to current orders. (Not a criticism of BC, I love them and will continue to support and buy stuff from them... just saying how it was). Ex: When Bob Pottle's molds get here (sometime in the late spring/early summer), I'm making 3 County-class cruisers and a couple of Hoods so that when an order comes in, it's ready to go. Ditto for Agano, T-103 and the rest of the ships. Smaller things (like Kingfishers and turrets and lifeboats) we'll have many of in stock.

As far as synergy... I fully plan on putting a big link to this site on our site. I like this format (obviously, since I check in like 4 to 20 times a day :) and I'd like to see this site grow. I am also pretty sure that Brian will be putting links to BC, and Basin Shipyards (if Greg is cool with it) on our site, since we are not really aiming to compete, more like complement other suppliers. We will be making hulls, but I'm not planning any that are already done by BC. I may do some that molds already exist for, like Bismarck (because I love that ship, and Swampy is out of business). Like I told Greg, I think his pumps and gearboxes are as good as any I'd develop, so I don't forsee duplicating his effort, and I plan on showing off his wares at battles (cause they're pretty :)

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

And thanks for the offer :) I'm a little sick today, so I'm not my usual bubbly self.

(I got sick from a shift in the pediatric ER yesterday. 3 little sh*ts with a viral evilness in a small room for a half an hour :( grrrrr...)