Tug's Roma(n) Vacation

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Tugboat, Sep 19, 2012.

1. John Bruder

John Bruder Member

Hi Clark,
    I plan to either run 6 volt SLAs in it, since I have a ton, or go with 6.4 volt Lifepo4 batteries if that makes a significant difference with the motors. I will have to send you some pictures of the hull and marked up ones of mine so you can show me where the additional stringers would have been.
    thanks again,
    r/JB

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

I'm running Lil Scharnie at both Nats this year, but I'm working on Roma for fun. Started notching the ribs for the second stringer. Fitted some internal stuff for testing arranging: motors, gearboxes, pump, 9 oz bottle, and 2 6V12AH batteries (lead acids). Only another 20 or 30 hours of work to go :) Maybe 40.

3. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Clark, she is allowed to have dual sidemounts (one in each turret). Best be thinking on a rotate system for the bow guns.
    I had the stern setup in mine with an air piston to take the guns from level to three inches past the stern, very effective for trippling below the waterline.
    When I rebuild mine, it is going to be with the ship built in three parts so they can fit in a suitcase and I can fly with most of the boat.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Actually, Lou, that's exactly what I was thinking of for the front guns :) Already got the sail winch servos in the shop :) Definitely doing elevates in the stern.

5. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

Soooo whats the Roma looking like these days?

6. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

This isn't for fastgun is it?
    I wondered if the Littorio class can have dual sidemounts in fastgun.
    Her rudder set up was what brought me to this thread but it is very interesting read all through.

J

7. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

A turret is so shallow as to not make it useful on duals (one gun in each turret) - hitting the same spot.