Twist in Hull - Fixable?

Discussion in 'Construction' started by GeekSpeed, Mar 11, 2014.

1. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

Hey gang.
    I am slowly progressing on my Abruzzi scratch build, but I have run into a little bit of a snag. I just got done glassing the bottom and I noticed that there is a slight twist to the hull. I appears to start after the step deck. My wife is telling me that I am insane, but the twist is bugging me. Is there a good way to get rid of it? It is not huge, the starboard side ends up about an 1/8" higher than port. Any suggestions would be awesome.
    Thanks!!

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Cut 1/8" off the top of the stbd side, and add a 1/8" balsa sheet to the bottom of the stbd side and fair it in, then add a layer of thin glass?

3. McSpuds

McSpuds Vendor

4. SWORRIOR

SWORRIOR Member

I agree with your wife that you are insane.....even if there IS a twist in your ship. Best of luck fixing this one and I'll probably come to you again for tips when it happens to me. Ciao!

5. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

Hmmmm...Thanks for the suggestions. I am wondering if I should cut out a small part of the ribs on the higher side just below the sub-deck and then just re-glue the sub-deck down again. Let me take a picture and post it tonight.