Uniacke House

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by sinkin321, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

Ok: ahyone who was at the battle in Oct. at Uniacke House probably saw the three women standing off the side of the bridge. They were members of the board and workers at the museum and they were there to see how this hobby works. As a result of the battle and the people that were there we have been asked to put on a regatta on Canada day in 2009. I know this is a long way away but I think we should consider it. We have also been offered a home for battles for as long as we like. I mentioned draging the lake to make the bottom free of sticks and logs and they said to do what we think will help us, this includes the building of a small boat dock to launch from. What do you think of this? is it worth doing some work there? Let me know what you think?

2. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

I think so. I think a better location than the Grove is preferable. I haven't seen the site but the pictures looked like a good spot to battle.

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

John,
    I think it's an ideal spot other than the foot traffic where we had the first battle. As you suggested, the area a few hundred feet closer to Uniacke House but further away from the trail will be better once the bottom has been cleaned up. It's worth the effort.

Bob

4. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

John, Uniacke house is a great spot. A regatta sounds like a great idea. Let me know when you need a hand dragging the lake or whatever and I will help out.
    Jay

5. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

I'll be there! And my little Canadian (county class) cruiser will be there for
    the regata all decked out in it's Canadian colours and pirate flag.

6. sinkin321

sinkin321 Member

OK: I will go ahead and tell her to plan on our being there for the 2009 season. I will drag the lake in the spring at the spot were the little cove is and that will give us a 100ft lake front and a 75ft "back yard" to play in and rope off. for those who were there it starts at the bench and goes 50ft either way around the lake. I will also be putting in two concrete piles for the dock. The bottom is not as bad as it sounds with only a couple of trees and branches that have to be pulled into the centre of the lake and let go.
    I'll do what I can and yell for help when needed.

7. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

John,

Make sure you give my son, Malcolm, and I a call for the work.
    For the dragging and weed clearing, will we be using something like
    garden rakes?

Mack