Unique onboard systems

Discussion in 'Research and Development' started by JustinScott, Dec 23, 2006.

1. djranier

djranier Well-Known Member

Mike M Richeilou went to the bottom, and he started firing the guns, and suffered a hose failure if I remember right, Mike help me out here, and it shot right back to the surface again from the bottom, around 6 ft down. Does this only happen with the French ships?

2. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

It wasn't a balloon system. It was simply CO2 pushing water out of the hull so it had buoyancy again.

3. squires

squires Member

i know they were two unrelated statements, i prob should have quoted them but 2 comments earlier a baloon system was meantioned.

4. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

The baloon worked once that I saw. I think we found it was too complex and unreliable a system to be taking up valuable extra space in his boat. It was later removed.
    Dave and others I found the path to fix your picture....
    No photograph available (the avatar) for you. Go to forums. See grey bar at top of page. Scroll to right.
    Forums my profile search. Click on "my profile"
    "Members" (left side under "Home") hover over it
    Click on "my profile"
    blue squares, got to right click on "edit my profile".
    Scroll down past your "user account" to "forum settings"
    click on "upload new photo" (that should give you options to find photos in your computer)

5. Evil Joker

Evil Joker Member

i have something( i hope) will let you all know when i finish the Prinz Eugen. will work for some ships only give me about 60 days( ihope) to work on it

6. David

David Member

Dad said that a stereo that plays "Deuschland Uber Alles" would be a good on board system.

7. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I always thought it'd be amusing to have a sound system that makes rude and obnoxious comments whenever you fire.

I also think it'd be neat for the big battleships to build a secondary air system using a 16-gram CO2 cartridge. This secondary air system powers only one component: an SMAV-3 triggered by a servo, that vents directly into open air. If you think that people aren't playing with you enough, and you want a little more attention, flick a switch on your transmitter and PSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH! "oh @#$%! air leak!" and company appears real quick :D

8. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Hahaha. That would be an interesting addition.

I saw a large scale USS Missouri with several stereo speakers in it on UTube.

9. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Well-Known Member

One of the guys in the MWC has a Bismarck with a sound system that plays german marching music, propaganda speeches and what not. Its pretty funny.

10. CaptainCook

CaptainCook Member

One of us should build an Allied ship that plays "Sink the Bismarck".:D

11. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I've got a nice song that I play when I'm unloading at the pond. All the Allied skippers perk up when they recognize the tune. Then the first line comes:

Way back in 1942, or maybe '43?
    I sailed with captain Tuna, the chicken of the sea
    We didn't sink the Bismark, no matter what they say,
    For when we seen the enemy ships we sailed the other way

It gets em every time :p

12. MotoPhoto

MotoPhoto Member

HOMER AND JETHRO!
    I gotta get myself a copy of that.

13. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

A long time ago, when I was researching radio systems for an alternative ship control system, I looked at cordless telephone chipsets. One interesting aspect of them is that, in addition to the data channel (which was my main interest) there's also an audio channel. My great idea was that I could sail back & forth, in front of the enemy port, taunting them over an onboard speaker.
    JM

14. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

If you could put a what is it a mixer? maybe, the thing that makes you sound like Darth Vader, that would make it pretty funny. If you were going to do it though, you couldnt tell anyone about.

15. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

Honestly, you could put any sort of audio effects processor you want onshore, then transmit the processed audio to the ship.
    JM

16. totaldestruction

totaldestruction Active Member

A Mini ships horn would be cool :p

17. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

There are some photos posted of what the inside of a hull looks like after it has been shot.
    There are a lot of sharp wood splinters in there.
    So I am wondering if the blast shield would keep the splinters from popping the balloon?

I would think that the best place for the balloon would be in the superstructure, and that it would have a heavy rope attached to pull the sunken hull off the bottom. (Stern first so as to not have the props or rudder catch on anything.)

18. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

I have been looking into having a camera mounted on the ship.
    I was thinking about having it behind plexi glass in the battle bridge.
    and mounted to track with the turrets.

Still trying to over come the funding barrier.....

19. JohnmCA72

JohnmCA72 Member

I set one up like that, in about the forward main fire control director position (Spot 1). I really liked the height & angle of the shots I got. The camera was mounted in a polycarbonate tube that rotated on a mast along with the forward turrets. Superstructure had to be left on the bank when the camera was mounted. Don't use Plexiglass - it's an acrylic that can (will) shatter when it's hit. Use Polycarbonate (i.e. Lexan, etc.) instead.
    JM

20. Nick Park

Nick Park Member

using balloons to float ships could be a nice idea, but it should be tested first. pushing water through small holes at large pressures might just explode you ship and you'll need a bunch of em to collect all the pieces!
    Bicycle tires are seriously solid! they can support 10 bars, can your hulls do that???