Update

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Battle Group' started by bmarkb, Apr 21, 2022.

1. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

1. Pond - it appears we may lose access to the pond in Unionville in late June due to sale of the property. Therefore, I suggest we schedule at least two events at the Unionville pond in early May and early June. Mothers’ Day is May 8th and Memorial Day is May 30th. What are good dates for everyone?

2. Brian and I have followed up on three leads for a new pond that we received at the Lynchburg Maker Faire. I believe one is not usable. The most promising is located on the campus of Sweet Briar College; we are in contact with an engineering professor and their hospitality director to see if we can use the pond and have recruits/support from their faculty and students.

3. Another contact at the Lynchburg Maker Faire floated the idea of attending the Campbell County Libraries Summer Reading Grand Finale in Rustburg on July 30. The theme this year is “Oceans of Possibilities,” so we could be a great fit. There will be community organizations, activities, food, music, etc. We could set up a tent/table similar to what we did in Lynchburg . Last year, they had over 900 attendees.

Are we interested in attending for more recruiting and in support of the pond search?

The CC libraries also have several meeting spaces open to the public and could be reserved for club meetings.

I will post copies in an email, Messenger, and our club Facebook page.

2. Knight4hire

Knight4hire Active Member

Greeting all;
    I have Tables, chairs and popups available for this event just like the last one.

3. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

1. Pond - our Unionville pond is no longer available

2. I have made contact with Sweetbriar College but have not received any responses recently, despite a fairly positive first contact. Will continue to follow up.

2a. Tom is pursuing his contact in Fredericksburg who has a pond at his house and has already acquired a Lutzow-class kit.

2b. If all else fails, I suggest we hold a build meet on 6/18.

3. I intend to register us for the Campbell County Libraries Summer Reading Grand Finale in Rustburg on July 30. The theme this year is “Oceans of Possibilities,” so we could be a great fit. There will be community organizations, activities, food, music, etc. We could set up a tent/table similar to what we did at the Lynchburg Maker Faire. Last year, they had over 900 attendees. Who is interested in attending?

I will post copies in an email, Messenger, and our club Facebook page.

4. bmarkb

bmarkb Active Member

Correction: Rustburg is on Sunday, 7/31, from 10am -2pm.