Found! Uptubes

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by wdodge0912, Aug 16, 2020.

1. wdodge0912

wdodge0912 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some uptubes for my fast gun guns. I have the rest of the parts for the guns, just need the up tube and elbow part where the barrel screws on. Preferably something compact, as I am space limited where I'm at. Let me know what you have and how much. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Uptubes are 1/4" copper line (same as you make white lightning with) and elbows are brass 1/4" 90 connectors. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc.

3. wdodge0912

I don't have the right equipment or solder to solder up brass. I do have one on the way (Thanks to Kevin P) but I am still looking for a couple more if they are more compact than the standard/common elbow that is used. The one on my bow gun is a nice and compact square, not sure how it was built as I got it all assembled and it's fully soldered together, but there are no threads on the bottom of the elbow, it is just soldered to the copper line (there are threads for the barrel section of course). My plan is to eventually replace the sterns with a horizontal T (mag and air on the bottom and uptube from the T going up) instead of vertical T (air in the bottom with the mag in the middle and uptube on top), that should let me have the uptubes bent enough to get it away from the motor, as well as have the magazines feed at the lowest point of the gun.

4. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

5. wdodge0912

6. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Oh, that's a lovely little torch you linked there. I <3 my old Sears Craftsman torch, but it finally gave up after 30 years of building. Might have to look into one of these. How controllable is the flame? I like to solder some items (pump impellers) on very low flame...

7. Kevin P.

Kevin P. Well-Known Member

I have not used that one so I can't attest to its performance. It was a quick amazon search and select the most affordable model that looks sufficient. I use the bernzomatic torch and have been very happy with it, very good control over flame size