USS ALaska Class

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Buddy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Anvil_x

Anvil_x Well-Known Member

Nice, I assume that's a Treaty Boat, with the two 1.5 unit guns?

So is the A turret gun facing forward with a slight offset, or is that just a weird camera angle?

If you get the time, would you mind posting pictures of your Alaska in a thread over in "Stem to Stern"?

2. Sethie

Sethie Member

Turret a is moved by a servo.it goes prob 90 degrees to either side

3. Anvil_x

OH!!!! Oh I see! I thought your rotating turret was C. But the A turret makes a lot of sense. How does the control interface function? do you just have them on a binary switch that toggles it to starboard or port?

4. Sethie

Sethie Member

I've put it on several different channels testing it but will have to run it on 3 way switch.id planned to make both front turrets rotate slaved together but b turrets height made it almost impossible to do without gears and pulleys bc it wanted to twist and not rotate

20180409_123249.jpg

5. Anvil_x

Oh man, that'd be cool. I think Mark posted up a 3D printed gun cradle that might do what you need it to do.

Have you considered getting a winch servo and running both turrets on a geared setup?

Sethie likes this.
  6. Sethie

Sethie Member

I plan to order a pulley system for my wva and get both front turrets rotating together and am trying to c if I can mount to hull instead off deck

rcaircraftnut likes this.