USS COLORADO

Discussion in 'Ship Comparison' started by Matt1235, Aug 19, 2012.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

If you use a Spektrum DX6i you won't need the resistors. Can't remember why, maybe Bob H. will chime in here.

2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

If you need resistors and what size you need depends on your radio. Back when that article was done no one was using programmable end point radios. They were also using servos and switches to fire the guns. All the resistors act as a shorter end point when the button is pushed, this way the servo makes a smaller movement and fires the guns faster.
    When I put buttons on a radio I test to see if I need resistors and what size by shorting out the pots on the gimbals.

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Oo, good tip :) Thanks Bob!

4. Matt1235

Matt1235 Member

Uhhhh right now I think I'll keep the stick. :) Hmm is there anything else a rookie should know so we can discuss it? Cant think of anything else

5. Matt1235

Matt1235 Member

Wait, how hard is it to convert a BC Lion into the Tiger?

6. Tugboat

You have to trim the top of the hull to fit a casement deck. On length and width, it's close enough that you can use it as-is. It's within the scale tolerance.

7. Matt1235

Matt1235 Member

Would you reccomend a Kongo for a beginner?

8. bb26

bb26 Well-Known Member

For a beginner I would think something that gives you plenty of room to work with for your first build.

9. Tugboat

It's a good fast battlecruiser, with the ability to mount 3 (THREE!) sidemounts. Yes, I recommend it :)

10. Matt1235

Matt1235 Member

there both over 700' so there bothe able to have 3 sidemounts right? I like the kongo but I'm a little worried about how hard it is to put in the casemate deck.

11. Tugboat

What rules are you building to? MWCI, IRCWCC, or Big Gun, or Treaty?

12. Matt1235

Matt1235 Member

Oh sorry I'm building to Ircwcc.

13. Tugboat

I looked at their rules (the HTML form,anyhow), and I didn't see it clearly laid out. MWCI rules say 720' long and greater can 3 sidemounts. I recommend checking with someone more familiar with the IRCWCC rules. I hate to say that since I'm an IRCWCC member, but it hasn't come up in my ship builds yet.

14. rarena

rarena Well-Known Member

Irc, two side mounts, not three
    Kongo probably not the best as a beginner boat. It kinda seems you are all over the spectrum as far as your first boat. You should settle down and pick one and then we can help you and give you good advice.

15. Matt1235

Matt1235 Member

Your right Iceman. After looking at it a bit, I think its a little too complex for me. I think I'll end this thread by saying I'll most likely get the Iron Duke. Thanks guys for all of the help. I got all of my questions answered and will put all of that knowledege together to hopefully get my first ship ready by next year. Thanks guys