USS Iowa battleship

Discussion in 'Southeast Attack Squadron' started by pew-pew-pew, Apr 14, 2007.

1. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

well im a little late but i have now found the SAS forum ( sorry if i confused anyone with my forums in all the wrong places ;) ) but i wanted to know where i could get parts ar even a kit for the USS Iowa. battlers connection says that the yamato cannons can be used for the iowa, the only thing is... where is the USS Iowa?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Swampworks used to make them, but they're not really in business anymore. Every once in a while the guy who owns it will post a message on the MWCI email list to let people order hulls and he makes them, but that's like once a year, maybe. Realistically, I'd start with a smaller vessel, like HMS Lion from Battler's Connection. Maintaining a ship is a bit more work thaan one might think, and an Iowa is about as complex and maintenance-intensive as it gets in MWCI. Another option: go to the MWCI website, and click on "ships for sale"... there are several hulls for sale right now (like an IJN Nagato hull for $50... Not US but definately a steal) (or if you gotta be US, then for $150 a South Dakota hull) Both of those are a little big for a beginning ship, but for $50 I'd buy the Nagato myself if I already didn't have too many irons in the fire.

3. You can always scratch build yourself an Iowa...

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

There is that, but Pew^3 hasn't built a ship before, and while it is possible, I would say it's better to get a fiberglass hull of some type, or buy an existing ship, and get battling.

5. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

well... yeah ive never scratch built a ship ( im a noob in some ways to this ) but ive always admired the NC for its speed and fire power.

6. JustinScott

JustinScott Well-Known Member

Whoa... that negato is a steal! But i'm in Tuggy's boat, too many fish I haven't fried yet.

P3: If you like the NC, I'd say go for it. Above all, pick something that you will like or its a waste of your time. Personally, I know I can never skipper a Jap boat because of my grandmother... Sucks too, the I400 is a nice ship... Just have to settle for a Surcouf, after Iowa of course. Free French Navy baby, YEAH!

On a side note, when I was in Toledo today; I was talking to Loyalhanna & they seemed quite interested in creating new hulls for us.. I am going to follow up with them next week & see if a new hull supplier can't be forged.

7. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

There are some Ralph Iowa hulls out there (I have one) and I am planning on working on its superstructure this coming fall (we'll see how my Tirpitz works out)

8. pew-pew-pew

pew-pew-pew Member

isn't the i-400 a sub?