Photos USS MONTANA Launch Pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CURT, Aug 19, 2017.

1. absolutek

absolutek -->> C T D <<--

There are some interesting options for both sides, which would be good. I think the main obstacle would be those who feel the hobby is already not following history enough or like to pretend like it still is.

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I think it is long overdue to introduce the Hypotheticals.

3. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Hypotheticals are interesting, but they are also a long and slippery slope. Where do you draw the line? Ships whose keels were laid? Ships that were ordered? Ships that were designed but never ordered? There are some fantastic ships out there, like the Montanas, the Gascoigne and Normandie, Spahkreuzer, Alsace, and others. But you could also end up with the truly ridiculous ships such as the Tillmans and H-42. I've seen more disagreement over *which* hypotheticals to add than whether or not to include hypotheticals in the first place. Perhaps the best solution would be to add hypothetical ships on a one-by-one basis, with each rule change spelling out exactly which ships to add and exactly what stats they would have.

Panzer and kgaigalas like this.
  4. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

That was what I was thinking about, add the Montana.
    People are building it and the Axis would not have a problem with a 8 unit ship.
    I would like to make it 9 unitso_O

5. aleMI

aleMI Active Member

I like the idea of including ships that were formally ordered (i.e. design phase was complete and building ready to begin) but never laid down. That would exclude the monster designs like the Tillman, but allow the more reasonable Montana and H-39.

6. absolutek

I was thinking ships that were actually laid down. I can't see that it'd matter if somebody did one of the more fanciful designs like an h42 or a Tillman. Big ships are not an advantage in IRCWCC. I prefer actual laid down ships though because the documentation is pretty good already.

NickMyers likes this.
  7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Add them on a one to one basis seems good. Start with a Montana seeing as that is already in use as a combat ship in Treaty. In fact Treaty has a few Hypotheticals in play so looking at them and seeing how the rules can be tweaked a little to allow the ships to compete and play in regular FG format . Upping the units for the Montana to 9 units and the Yamato to 9 units makes sense as these ships in displacement were very close . Got to start somewhere and ship by ship basis works. World Of Warships online are using several Hypotheticals in all classes and they can certainly be used for our game .

8. absolutek

So long as it doesn't have to be added to a ballot every time somebody wants to try another ship that isn't in the list (eboard approval?), ship by ship isn't a problem, otherwise we may as well just forget about it.

9. absolutek

Yamato doesn't need 9 units either, they are already hard enough to sink.

10. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

I think it could be easy to add to the list, new adds would not exceed any of the current accepted ship list units, so an 8 would be maximum units. So for example: Mackensen could be a 5 unit or Montana could be an 8 unit. Not really a stretch and it exposes many new options for people to get excited about. My 2 cents, I'm just a newbie so take it with a grain of saltwater. I just want people to play and have fun and want to do it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. sorry I am a bit excessive:woot:.
    Craig

Ps. battling against the Montana was an absolute Hoot:woot::woot:! when have you ever heard of the Montana doing its best:cool: Monty Python impression in front of The VDT. You got it,:eek: "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!" :laugh::laugh:I chased him all over that pond, Kas has the video! Woot Woot Woot

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    CURT likes this.
  11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

No their not hard to sink. Just put holes in the bow and the stern near the lifeboat overhang and she goes down like a stone. Maybe in a one on one but several small ships coordinating an attack can sink one no problem. Montana will work better with 9 units.

12. Renodemona

Renodemona Well-Known Member

Amagi and Tosa pre-conversion for the Japanese
    Lion and N3 for the British
    Montana, WW1 Sodak, and Lexington pre-conversion for the USN
    H39, Mackensen for Germany
    Francesco Caracciolo for Italy
    Erstaz Monarch for Austria

GeekSpeed likes this.
  13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

This would be a good start.

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The Sovietsky Soyuz would be a good one to add for Russia. 65,000 ton with 9x16 ,12x 6, 28 knts belt up to 16.75 in so comparable with a Montana.

Bsquared likes this.
  15. GeekSpeed

GeekSpeed Active Member

I would support this. It could also be extended to cruisers.

16. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

Soyuz is one big boat. I saw one once for Big Gun, never battled. In that format, it was basically a bigger, slower, less maneuverable version of the Iowa. Might be interesting in Fast Gun, though. I know everyone has a fascination with the big boats, but what about the other end of the spectrum? What kinds of cruisers/destroyers/etc. would you guys like to see? I personally am a fan of the Spahkreuzer. Lots of fond memories from my Big Gun days :D

17. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Of course would like to see the Hypotheticals in all of the other classes as well. Would be very interesting to see .

19. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Sounds like Treaty is your thing, IRCWCC has a stable ship list that all captains that battle seem to agree with.
    After all Treaty has all the ships that didn't exist fully listed.

20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I think FG can incorporate sone of the Hypotheticals on a ship to ship class structure .