Photos USS MONTANA Launch Pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CURT, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Beaver

Beaver 2020 Rookie of the Year Admiral (Supporter)

Seems you don't see many Iowa's or Yamato's out there, main reason I hear is they're too heavy, large and hard to transport, and end up being a bb magnet. If that's the case, who's going to want to build a bigger, heavier, bb magnet if the Iowa's and Yamato's aren't even popular?

2. kgaigalas

kgaigalas Well-Known Member

People are building them.
    It got me thinking, if they are already out there maybe we could make a one boat exception.
    This would be a starting point.
    I do not know of other boats (hypotheticals) being built.
    I agree with you I would not want to build one.

3. Beaver

I'm confused, what is 'them'? The legal behemoths or the proposed hypotheticals?

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Exactly my point .If they can incorporate that list there is no reason why it could not be done the same for FG but modified for FG combat . They already have some of the work already done and practical experience with these models . BTW I am a FG battler and have been since 1988 .

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

You may not want one now but if people decide to try them and like them it may inspire you to build one yourself someday .People are always switching up classes for different game battling experiences and challenges .

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

7. kgaigalas

Them = Montanas

Panzer and CURT like this.
  8. SteveT44

SteveT44 Well-Known Member

The question is, if someone showed up at a regional with a battle ready Montana. Would any captain say no to letting it battle?

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I doubt it. If it is only using 8 units should be no issue.

10. Beaver

I myself would have no problem, but the battle would have to be unsanctioned for obvious reasons.

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Let it battle and see how it fairs in FG. Let different Captains try it out . You will find it is no different than running a Missouri or Yamato .

12. kgaigalas

This is what I have been texting.
    People are building Montanas ( USS Ohio / Maine / Louisiana/ New Hampshire)
    If it is class 8 and nobody complains why not add it to the list - as an exception.
    - - it does look like only Canadian battlers are texting support, :(:(:(:( and I have not battled with them :(:(

CURT likes this.
  13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I remember there was similiar angst regarding Nelson having Dual Sidemounts .In Nabs we allowed her to Battle with dual Sidemounts and everybody agreed it was a much more effective ship that way . We incorporated into our club as a dual Sidemount ship and had lots of fun with it . The Montana could be introduced as a trial basis . She is only a little longer than Iowa but with more internal room is a much more comfortable set up inside .

WillCover and kgaigalas like this.
  14. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

No angst here.... I just want people to come and play and have fun:woot:. If that happens to be in a Montana:cool::cool:, More power to them I say. Ill happily play with them because sanctioning is not the be all, end all, of the average weekend battle. Shoot fire Jim Luke:eek::eek::eek:, if they show up with a loaded VACU-DUCK, :laugh::laugh::laugh:and wanna play, if the local Admirals think its safe than we can shoot the Quack out it!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    NewDuck14.jpg
    I think it would be very Formidable with "dual" Sterns!!!! Talk about blowing it out its #$%;););) It should easily rate 3 units and it can be the new allied secret weapon: USS Vacu-Quack. DD#2:woot::woot::woot:

WillCover, CURT and kgaigalas like this.
  15. kgaigalas

The views of Panzer DO NOT reflect the views of this station.
    He is given equal time because,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hell I don't know why we give him equal time??????
    lol lol

WillCover, Panzer and CURT like this.
  16. WillCover

WillCover -->> C T D <<--

...we put him(PANZER) on a 12 step plan, but he thought it meant build 12 boats...o_O

Panzer, NickMyers and CURT like this.
  17. thegeek

thegeek Well-Known Member

Points would not count, so those that came would not get credit towards the Von. I would not be upset at a such a HUGE target that has plenty of plastic parts to blow off and entertain the masses, but I think it would be a one battle boat.

18. Panzer

Panzer Iron Dog Shipwerks and CiderHaus

WHAT!!!! you mean to tell me I'm not supposed to get 1 of each, 2 of many, 3 of some and 4 of......,,,, Well I guess I should get a hearing aid than.
    However, I still got something pretty in the mail today and it is all about the pretty! Yes sirree bobcat tail, I mean look at the USS Vacu-Quack, if that's not pretty What is?
    Craig

19. kgaigalas

I guess , bottom line, if someone comes with a Montana and has NAMBA, our guys (GLAS) will battle with them.
    I would THEN be willing to propose adding the Montana to our ship list.
    Kas
    By the way, glad to have them!

CURT likes this.
  20. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Among members should be no problem to allow a Montana to do a full battle. No different than having a Yamato or Missouri in a battle. Montana I would prefer over a MO because it has a stringer so a little more protection on the hull sides than an Iowa Hull.