USS New Jersey BB62 build

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by Justin Ragucci, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Justin Ragucci

Justin Ragucci Well-Known Member

Been working on the NJ more each day have the props on the shaft and the stuffing tubes are in and the rudders are the next thing on my list to do so far they look about right where they should be. They should be in by the end of the weekend.

Attached Files:

Beaver and darkapollo like this.
  2. Justin Ragucci

Got some barbs made for the ship. This Saturday is going to be a big build session. Thank you @bsgkid117 for the idea for barbs and thank you @Kevin P. for the rudder design for the NJ. Slowly but surely getting there.

Attached Files:

Evan Fowler, Nomercy and Beaver like this.
  3. Justin Ragucci

Well been making some progress with the NJ as of late. Had a nice build session at @Nomercy shop which definitely helped a lot. Thank you to @Beaver and @bsgkid117 and @SteveT44 for
    The help with the boat at the build sessions we got a decent amount done including guns, drive systems is in, rudders are in. I started to work on the deck and such today. Some progress shots are below… 91FD48F0-8A39-4C94-A836-5E343D119440.jpeg 825FF8FD-24AF-42E6-BB29-4B2CE61CD6FA.jpeg 1941A893-EF9A-46C4-AE79-853475AEC6C7.jpeg 65CA898A-4090-45D0-979F-7BFE2A181DAC.jpeg B4BCE5CC-7D48-47CF-B76E-2AAD8EEF8C6E.jpeg

Evan Fowler, Panzer, Kevin P. and 2 others like this.
  4. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

Heckin yeah man!

Justin Ragucci likes this.
  5. Justin Ragucci

So a little update for the ship. I have all the electronics wired and ready to be put in the boat. Going to do some epoxy work tomorrow and probably get the bow part of the subdeck in and then cut the actual deck and get that fitting and then to secure the subdeck.

Beaver, SteveT44 and darkapollo like this.
  6. Justin Ragucci

C274E267-28D9-4F0C-BF57-93DEA46FE18C.jpeg Well subdeck is in. Still need to do some clean up but I will say the famous words “that’s not going anywhere.”

tomorrows project since it is supposed to be almost 60 and sunny is to get the decks cut and the holes for the barbs cut and then at that point it’s get the guns in and mounted and get the electronics mounted as well.

making a bit slower progress but it has been very busy as work and home lately.

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Is the file availablebl for this superstructure? I need to replace my 2nd Missouri's superstructure with the WW2 version .

8. Justin Ragucci

Yes it is available here on the forum. @darkapollo made it I also got the 5” guns off of the forum as well.

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Ok great Thankyou !

10. Justin Ragucci

Alright guys time for a massive update/ photo dump. Got the NJ completed. I worked on the deck and the gun placement for quite some time as well as the placement for the pumps and bottles. After about 7 hours of straight working on it at the NJ battle we got her up and running. She is about 8-10lbs to light but it was more so get her on the water and do some sea trials and system checks. Found out I had both pumps plugged in backwards but after fixing that they worked great. The guns worked great and were easy to tweak and they hit pretty hard and with the two bottles I had plenty of air. Still a fair bit to get done.

Still need to do deck hold downs as well as add some lead and then after the MD battle going to add a Ram guard like @Kevin P. has on his Missouri because it is definitely needed. Also have to make a float for it but that is getting done this weekend. Overall the ship is running great. Have to patch and paint it for MD but I am excited to but her through her paces and see how she does.

11. Justin Ragucci

E93177CC-3C2B-401A-A66D-1DDE87F1E6E3.jpeg

Attached Files:

notSoGnarly, Lou, Beaver and 2 others like this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Well-Known Member

Congratz!