USS NORTH CAROLINA HAS ARRIVED!

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Battle Squadron' started by CURT, Jul 8, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

:woot::):D yes folks it has arrived ... finally. Thankyou Post Office. After paying a fee of 34.00 for customes the StrikeModels kit has arrived. This is Craig's baby. Also arrived is the gorgeous full deck kit for the USS NEW JERSEY, and it's complete Superstructure kit. My stuff finally arrived well. So I am itching to start the North Carolina soon. I have to clear space for it by getting Yamato and Bismarck out of the shipyard. Fortunally they are almost ready. Brings back memories of Peter Casey's NorthCarolina and the Washington from Rob Clarke. Still one of the best combat models to build and battle and a lot of fun to operate. I only refitted a previous built one before and that was done in 36 hrs with no sleep so this time I will do this right and have this model ship shape for local and for a NATS battle stateside with the IRCWCC. We need more Canadians there to help out the Allie Cause. Jeez I can't believe I am saying that cause I have had nothing but Axis Blood for the last 20 years.
    Cheers.

2. Craig

Craig Active Member

OK. So. The Admiral, myself and junior Captain Nash were at the shipyard today. First of all I got my first up close live look at the Strike Model's NC and deck/SS kit... WOW! Looked amazing... then it was time to measure, tape, mark and cut! Like artists to a blank canvas we begin the journey to create the masterpiece "The Showboat!" ( look out Axis Scum!) The beautiful white (salmon colored interior... nice choice!) hull for NC was skillfully and thoughtfully planned out for cutting by Curt. To be honest. I had never been there for that part of the process with him and it was a treat to watch him figure it all out. A little over three hours and she was cut out... great pics I will post later. Then to the deck kit! Wow. Ingenious, forward thinking and what a time saver. Prepped, fiberglassed and sanded down, it is ready to put onto the hull.... with minimal effort. Sub deck si tacked on and stringer reinforced.... a lot was done in about five hours time. Awesome. Wish I could stay longer, but, back to the mainland tommorrow. Best of luck Admiral Stokes and pictures and updates a plenty PLEASE!!!!!!!!

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Well-Known Member

Glad your 'boat' has arrived.
    See smack thread for further comments ;)
    J