USS North Carolina

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by CURT, Jun 4, 2012.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Mains , crane catapults boats with first coat of primer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Deck looks good contrasting against the camoflauge on the hull as is.

[​IMG]

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Superstructure with first coat of primer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Super Structure on deck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The main turrets in place

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

The secondaries back aboard along with the lifeboats and crane and catapults. Planes will be on hold after the all of the painting is completed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Starboard side.

[​IMG]

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hope to get more time at it tomorrow clean up the bad areas and start the actual camo. First the main deck will go the stain blue then on upward from there. Once all done including the rigging flags and crew, deck holddown tabs and installing the magnets to hold down the superstructure to the deck. After the hull will get repainted and the anchors can be attached along with the chains. I am going to attach signal flags and get a dress flag line for really pretty visuals . The planes will be aboard by then and I hope they turn out decently.

After all this just have to wire up the motors and the pump and the main on/off switch for power to the system. Get a nice video of the showboat, and on board Go Pro visuals and conduct the sea trials. It has been a long time since this kit has been with me and my first Allie kit I have worked on from beginning to end. Option is there to convert to combat if need be as the hull is already cut out and armored inside . Water channeling is in place, pump is in place. Just needs BB cannon system and pneumatics or solenoids installed. If I was to take it into battle I would have a seperate basic block superstructure to take the brunt of harms way action. Heck even another deck to use in place of this one seeing the 20 mm AAs and all of the other deck fittings are attached and part of this hatch. Nice to be able to switch them out for combat and peaceful show running.

11. irnuke

irnuke -->> C T D <<--

Beautiful boats, Stokes'.... Um, but you do know this is the RC Naval Combat website, right? :p
    Even if you swapped out supers, I don't think I'd be able to shoot them, they're just too pretty.:D

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Yeah this was to be a combat boat but at the point where I was ready to have the BB cannon set up installed the Client preferred to not arm the model for combat as the likely hood of him participating in combat would be non existent so it would be a waste to arm it and not be able to battle with it with anybody. So that is why I kept detaling it. I figured just keep going with the build. Everybody knows by now that my boats though heavily detailed always go into combat with that detail. That is my morbid fascination in seeing what survives the carnage and like the challenge of keeping the details aboard or replacing them quickly and cheaply or making them fairly easily. It is more realistic in that sense as ships had to repair damaged sections to their upperworks after battles if they survived and I like seeing pieces and debris on the water from shot off superstructure parts which also keeps it semi realistic. But that is just me and how I enjoy the game and the challenges. Not for everyone. 3 good examples would be my Bismarck and Yamato and the PE I built for bb26.Roma will never see battle and Missouri is good the way it is for battle but I do have a second spare superstructure that will be heavily detailed instead.

13. Craig

Craig Active Member

CURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello! Wow! PHENOM! I am uber impressed this made me Shatner myself. I have been getting your messages wish you would call teh house line, although that wouldn't help much, I am setting up the family game store so it is really difficult nailing me down these days. The move to Charlottetown has been a positive one... just not so much happening RC wise... even with Great Hobbies right here. BTW, if anyone is in need of anything from here, I can check it out, (three minutes from my house to GH).

Alright awesome awesome AWESOME! Yankee Doodle!!!! LOL

Hope to talk to you guys soon! cnsolo@hotmail.ca or you can message me at the store at merlyn@merlyns.ca

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Update on the North Carolina. Began painting the superstructure including main and secondary armaments.

[​IMG]

Course must have my coffee.
    [​IMG]

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Catapults.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Aft Turret