USS North Carolina

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by CURT, Jun 4, 2012.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Adding the Rigging.

[​IMG]

2. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Chains for the anchors...

[​IMG]

3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Bow anchors attached..

[​IMG]

4. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Rear mast rigging

[​IMG]

5. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I need a larger room..

[​IMG]

6. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

2nd launch today ready for 2nd sea trials. Bow still needed more ballast. ...hmmmm use the regulator.

[​IMG]

7. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

8. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

One of my favorite pics today. Guns in firing postion, catupult ready to launch planes , 5 inchers at the ready.

[​IMG]

9. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

10. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

11. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

North Carolina with bow beached.

[​IMG]

12. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

13. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Final picture... This was before the final details were in place.

[​IMG]

14. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Happy camper er... Captain with his American fleet taking up the backseat and trunk.

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

Curt.

Dkm Bismarck-Tirpitz-Graf Spee- Konig- VonDerTann
    Svent Itsvan- Viribus Unitis
    FS Dunkerque
    Hms Rodney-Prince of Wales-Erebus
    Ijn Yamato-Nagato-Mutsu
    Uss New Jersey-Uss Iowa-Uss Missouri-Uss North Carolina-Montana
    RMN Roma

All in the shed.

Cheers.

15. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Final pics of NC. This one showing the Bow anchors.

[​IMG]

16. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Annnd....

Just beyond North Carolina's bow looms monstrous hull of the Uss Montana.

[​IMG]

17. Craig

Craig Active Member

Hey Curt, as you can see from the message time, it's 12:54 am, or almost morning in NFLD.. lol.... I got home from the store late. Will hopefully be around Wednesday, give me a shout when you can.... opinion on the boat? (jaw drops and silence .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... took a while to do this.... holding that button down... worth it.....

18. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Just got back from the lake. Conditions were good tjough chilly.The forward ballast issue that I corrected worked perfectly.The model was trim on the waterline.Temp was 2 degrees celsius with 27km NW wind gusts up to 30k.NC handled it with ease.I managed to get 2hrs run time just using a pair of SLAs.That was more than I expected running an ESC. No water got in so the pump was not needed.I ran the model steady conducting all kinds of running and maneuvers.The model has passed her seatrials successfuly.
    Now to prepare it for long winter storage.If lucky I may get another run with her.

19. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Hi everybody. Boy I am still trying to get used to this site. My computer was in the shop for malware issues and when I got it back I had to try to get set up again on this new look of the RC Naval Combat forum. I am still trying to get used to it. Been posting on my smartphone on the ships through my FB page Titans of the Sea: RC Warships which also includes RC combat ships.

Update on the NC. Well it is docked inside the house for the winter as there is no room for it in the shed . Montana and VU have take up the bench. The client also has decided that he will not be able to use the NC as he is running a new store and working so both activities does not allow time for his ship. He was extremely generous in giving me his ship instead . I am very very grateful for this as I was not expecting to keep it however it is here and I will take care of it.

20. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

Good to have you posting. if there is something you need help with let us know.

CURT and NickMyers like this.