USS Ohio A Treaty Group (group) project

Discussion in 'Warship Builds' started by froggyfrenchman, Feb 24, 2011.

1. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Looking at this now , I just realized my 01 Level was not cut correctly. I was wondering why I had trouble with fitting the lifeboats behind the aft secondary gun and why I did not see those extended platforms for the secondaries. There seems to be narrower sections as well . I went with the stock foam rubber 01 level thinking it was cut correctly according to the plan. Well too late now to correct it. I am stuck with it . I suppose I could try and trim away the sections that do not belong and resheet the sides with styrene again and portholes and doors , then build the 5 in gun platforms and attach them to the trim 01 level sections however that will take time and set me back again. What to do what to do......

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you just keep going in the direction you have been in order to get that beautiful ship on the water.
    Then you can always rework anything that needs it at a later time. But that is just me..
    It seems that we will have another one of these monsters being built this winter. So perhaps we can give you a little more of a run for your money with this new project.
    Mikey

CURT likes this.
  3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

I reviewed the plans again and the top down profile shows 2 different plan layouts. An original and a refit . The 01 level I have now matches the refit version which is ok with me in case I want to remove some of the 5 in mounts for the 3 in modern 50s style gun turrets. If I am going to make cuts into the 01 level now I would have to do it before I add any of the details at this point. The o1 is sheeted top sides and bottom with styrene and I don't have the means to cut it into precise sections without tearing it up so I will just keep it as is and go with what I have . Still going to work anyway and should look good.