USS PGM-18

Discussion in 'Washington Treaty Combat' started by Slyfly, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Slyfly

Slyfly Member

Excuse me, but I will be moving to Idaho this summer and I am interested in naval model combat. I would like to build my first ship as a USS PGM-18 (well within your time period) with one forward, swiveling gun. I should like to have your advice on whether or not this is a good idea or not, and if you have any shipbuilders tips.

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

In 1/144, she'd be about 10" long. In 1/72, she'd be about 20" long. I would seriously recommend a larger ship for your first build :) In the PMWC intro thread, Gary had some good suggestions for you. If those ships are not to your liking (which is totally cool, ship choice is important :) ), I'd shoot him a pm and give him an idea of some general ideas that you like i.e 'I want something American', or 'not too big', and see what he recommends. But the patrol boat would be tiny in any scale.

3. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

I should point out that Washington Treaty Combat is named after the Washington Naval Treaty, not the state of Washington.

irnuke likes this.
  4. Slyfly

Slyfly Member

Lol, okay. And yes, in 144th, I would probably construct a battlecruiser or eventually for fun or maybe for battle an amphibious assault carrier.