USS Sangemon

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Treaty Combat Fleet' started by Bob Pottle, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

The Allied Treaty fleet has gained another ship: USS Sangemon. This is Eric Broderick's beautifully detailed CVE model, converted from one of his T2 tanker hulls.

It was designed for IRCWCC rules but never battled. (Too nice a model to shoot at!) Scott Foster has bought it and will be arming it with a 1/2 unit pump and 1 unit BB cannon for Treaty combat when he returns from the Barent Sea in late November.

This is the NATCF's 3rd operational carrier after the HMS Pretoria Castle and IJN Shinano. At least 2 more Japanese carriers are under construction.

Bob

2. froggyfrenchman

froggyfrenchman Well-Known Member

It is great to see the carriers being built in numbers.
    How is the Shinano being set up?
    Mikey

3. Bob Pottle

Bob Pottle Well-Known Member

Mikey,
    I don't know how John C. will set up the Shinano. Last time we talked he was thinking of triples forward and two sets of duals aft vs quads.

If the carrier bow arcs are going to change Shinano could get a four cornered arrangement with duals aft and singles forward trained out to the limits of the bow arcs, and 1-2 pumps.

Bob

4. crzyhawk

crzyhawk Well-Known Member

It'll be nice to see the Sangamon out there. She should be a pretty solid little ship, and as a class 1 (2 minute rule) with plenty of hull volume, should be a tough girl to take down.

I'd probably set up Shinano with twin dual sterns (duals could be fired individually or as quads based on desire) and dual 75 round bows. I really, really like his twin duals idea. That's got a lot of potential and flexibility I think.

5. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Hi all,

Met up with Eric today in Windsor and USS Sangamon transferred ownership. She's been given a berth and work will commence on installing a 50 round cannon and pump(Treaty CVE = 1.5 units) Pictures to follow later tonight.

6. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

7. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Wow, thats a good looking ship. good job.

8. HMCS

HMCS Active Member

Yes Eric did a really nice job on her.