uss Texas bb35

Discussion in 'General' started by The Texan, May 31, 2014.

1. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

arming all 5 would be very difficult but not impossible. I do believe it has been done

2. The Texan

The Texan Member

Hm well thats unfortunate. Looking at it, the center turret is near useless any way, you could end up firing into your own ship. However being a dreadnought she'll turn well enough even with one rudder.

3. jstod

jstod Well-Known Member

I do know for a fact that arming a center turret and not have it shoot your own ship is very possible. One of our guys in WWCC did it with a Lion? (not sure if that was it) It requires more wiring for a system that kills the firing to that gun when it rotates to a point where it hits the SS. I would explain it in more detail but my knowledge on it is limited to conceptual.

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

If you use a programmable radio it's child's play to program in a lockout for the solenoids on the center turret when they are pointing in the wrong way :)

5. DarrenScott

DarrenScott -->> C T D <<--

It is???

6. The Texan

The Texan Member

What about the slewing when you swing over ? They had the same problem with the top turrets on b17s. If it swings in too fast you might still shoot yourself up.

7. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Slewing the turret has no bearing on a solenoid-operated valve. Even one used poppet valves to fire the guns, they wouldn't be part of the rotating mechanism.

If for whatever reason one's turrets fired when pointed in the wrong direction, it's on the individual captain to build his ship to take it. :)

8. The Texan

The Texan Member

That's true

9. The Texan

The Texan Member

One a boat of Texas's size how much ammo could you hold ? With room for all the respective equipment and the hull itself

10. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

slewing over with the programing features of the opentx run transmitters is simple. The lower limit for the servo need not be a constant value, it can be a curve. same with solenoid lockout