Off Market Vanguard

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by glaizilla, Nov 8, 2021.

1. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Vanguard hull with fiberglass deck, Greywolf turrets and a copy of R.A.Burts book on the Vanguard. The hull was purchased from Bob Pottle, it is extra thick and blemish free. Asking 150 obo. plus shipping.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

Just a heads up for any potential viewers who might be new/newer:

This hull as currently cut is not exactly legal for IRCWCC fast gun combat, which is the most widespread/common format for Model Warship Combat. Just issuing this as a disclaimer to any potential newbies who might see this and try to snatch it up (which has happened, and has been a problem), you will have to modify the stringers to make it legal, which is no big deal and would take 5 minutes with a dremel but it's still something you'd need to do.

Nomercy likes this.
  3. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

What is wrong with the stringers?

4. bsgkid117

bsgkid117 Vendor

In IRCWCC Vanguard doesn't get that Bow/Stern stringer, it would need to be cut out. There is no armor belt or bulge present in those areas, and the stringer very clearly goes more than 1 rib beyond the otherwise qualifying hull feature.

Not at all trying to start a debate, as stringers can be a topic of some contestation, just trying to provide a disclaimer as we've had to deal with a number of new people buying hulls on this site that are cut out for other formats and need modification to be legal. Not a big deal at all, like I said, 5 minutes with a dremel. ;)

wdodge0912 likes this.
  5. glaizilla

glaizilla Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Don’t worry have no intention on debating any rules regardless of my opinion on them with anyone lol. Never is a winning situation on rules conflicts. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else, your right wouldn't take too long to cut off. If a newer skipper wants it, I am willing to chop off those other stringers for them to make it rules compliant.

Would be open to trades

Sodak
    Kongo
    Arizona
    Colorado
    Scharnhorst
    Littorio

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021