Viribus Unitis

Discussion in '1/96 Battlestations' started by dietzer, Aug 10, 2011.

1. duckie2045

duckie2045 Member

Hey CAIL, you seen how well my 1/144th VU turns and shoots, If you still don't have an plans yet let me know and you can use my plan set!

2. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Thanks, Duckie. I do have plans. Andrew Wilkie, the guy with the 3D VU website sent me plans on CD. I also had someone else from the group send me plans. So I'm covered.

I'm trying to make a kit like Mark does. We'll see how it turns out. I've played around with Turbo CAD enougj to know that it's got some real issues importing images. So I'm trying to learn Delftship, and am going thru the first tutorial now. From the looks of it, it will be MUCH easier to build up the hull in delftship than in turbocad. Hopefully i can get thru the tutorial and get started on the VU next week. This week will be a killer week at work, so I.know it won't happen this week...

Thanks,

Carl

3. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Will Delftship let you lay out the non-rib hullmembers like a cad program will? I was thinking of trying Alibre Pro (which I already have) for this application.

4. dietzer

dietzer Admiral (Supporter)

Don't know for sure as I've only started using it, but I think it will. It will left you do real weight and sheer force analysis, and i think that would require the SS among other things...

Carl