WANTED: Spectrum Radio

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by DeletedUser, Jul 18, 2008.

1. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

I have heard alot about channels for radios, are they for certain desired action (aka forward, backward, turn, fire gun 1, gun2, ect)? or am i really off?

2. TheMackster

TheMackster Member

KK, for channels it simply means the number of seperate or different control actions that the radio can support. If it has 5 channels it can control 5 different things like switches or servos.

A 4-channel radio typically is setup with 2 joysticks that control 2 channels each, front/back motion and left/right motion.

The left joystick is usally setup to control forward & reverse for your motors, and left & right for your rudder. That leaves the right joystick available to control up to 4 other things like guns and pumps. (example- forward- shoot forward gun, back- shoot rear gun, left- shoot sidemount, right- turn pump on/off)
    They don't have to be setup this way as it all depends on what channel you plug your servo into to make things work.

Hope this helped.

3. BoomerBoy17

BoomerBoy17 Active Member

Very much so, thanks. I have never dealt with anything more complicated then an RC car with forward, reverse and left/right. and i wasnt sure. Thanks again(oh, and by the way, your not a newbie)[:D]