Warships in 3d

Discussion in 'Digital Design and Fabrication' started by GregMcFadden, May 11, 2023.

1. GregMcFadden

GregMcFadden Facilitator RCWC Staff

2. wfirebaugh

wfirebaugh Well-Known Member

Delftship has 3D models of a couple of warships for free download not as detailed though as that seller.

diceman42 likes this.
  3. CURT

CURT Well-Known Member

Is he here on this site? I'd like to look at those .

wfirebaugh likes this.
  4. Xanthar

Xanthar Well-Known Member

Delftship is a windows based program for drawing and smoothing hull forms with NURBs surfaces. There was a free version and a paid version the last I checked. The free version had some issues and limitations with importing and exporting models.
    If I recall correctly, it's been a while since I used Delftship, one could download models from their sample library within the program itself.
    There were a couple of them that looked interesting to me. One was a British dreadnought. They were far from print ready but, could be a decent starting point.

CURT and wfirebaugh like this.
  5. wfirebaugh

Download delfit ship, in the menu tab there is a option to download option to brows ships from the submitted by users. once you download the ship you should be able to open it with another 3d program.

Yes, Xanthar is correct. there are a few ww2 ships of the Brittish, French, and Italian navy, and a whole bunch of other ships that have nothing to do with the hobby. I have a few I have created over time, Nagato, I-400, Navajo fleet tug, Balister salvage recovery, liberty ship, ... There are a couple more but the names escape me at the moment. Nothing of my designes are submitted to Delftship, I submitted one but never saw it added so I just didn't bother after that.

after the first ship was created in Delftship using there measurement system I found it easier to just to go to whole numbers for feet to inch conversions, whitch probably discounts my designs for them adding my stuff to there catalog as the measurements for any given ship don't come out right for them as being correct. Making them much easier to convert to 1/144 scale, in my opinion...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    CURT likes this.
  6. darkapollo

darkapollo Well-Known Member

I tried to figure out Delftship.. I watched dozens of tutorials. Still no clue what I’m doing

CURT likes this.
  7. wfirebaugh

In the window to create a new project, in the top left corner there are some white boxes hover over them and scroll down there will be a box that you can choose the option to brows the online catalog.
    I could sit down some time and make a couple of quick tutorials that are up to date, the tutorials that are on YouTube are fairly old and don't really apply as so much has changed over time. that's if you all want.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    darkapollo and Xanthar like this.
  8. wfirebaugh

I'm off tomorrow so I will sit down at the computer and start a new model and do some recording on how to get started.

Xanthar likes this.