Water Channel Construction

Discussion in 'Construction' started by tgalx3, Aug 30, 2020.

1. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

I am rebuilding my ship and want to include water channels this go around. I have two ideas in mind but want to make sure I am within the rules of IRCWCC.

Idea #1:
    Go with the traditional water channel. ie. create a 3/8" channel down the center of the boat with the pumps sitting at the bottom.

Idea #2:
    Put all electronic and CO2 equipment on a raised platform so the water can flow freely under the platform. The pumps would be the only thing sitting in the bottom of the boat in order to catch that water.

I am quite confident that idea #1 is legal but it takes more time and materials. Id like to go with idea #2 but am not sure if it is legal.

2. ZARUBA1987

ZARUBA1987 Well-Known Member

Water channels a must don’t leave home without it. I’ve got a strike Duca with no water channeling and the constant water rolling in the hull makes her roll a bit. Pull everything install the channel With a sump for your pump it’s well worth it

3. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

is that the 3/8” water channel? Or the entire bottom?

4. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

No rules that say you cant get your stuff up higher in the hull. Risky moving weight upwards though. You definitely want a water channel down the middle.
    Also, welcome back, battle on the 13th I think, will get you on to the email chain. Edit: nevermind, you're already on it. Excellent. Jaunt down the road to the pond on the 13th.

-n

5. tgalx3

tgalx3 Well-Known Member

Where is it located?

6. NickMyers

NickMyers Admin RCWC Staff

private property, intersection of S Machias and Old Machias Rd, cross the trail