Water test tank

Discussion in 'General' started by Lou, Jan 4, 2013.

1. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

Doesnt sound easy to move. One thing I like about the bunk feeder.. its tough. I had it standing on end leaning against the house.. and a gust of wind strong enough to move this 50lb + feeder blew it down .. with no damage. Its a welded aluminum frame and thick pvc liner. I just leave it outside and clean it when needed. I dont think I could do that with a lexan or acrylic box.. unless its built to be dis-assembled.. and then I would have to store it in my garage. I leave the feeder out near the fence right now.

Its a great idea with the acrylic but I suppose it depends on your space. In addtion I wonder how thick it would need to be in order to be usable and still be affordable.

2. Lou

Lou It's just toy boats -->> C T D <<-- Admiral (Supporter)

Mine is basically the bottom part of a workbench. When not in use, I have a lid that goes over the top. You are really only going to use the test tank in a few areas of your build, why move it around when you can leave it in place. The idea for mine is I only fill it with water for that day, then empty it so I don't have issues with bacteria.

3. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

That is a good thought. Hmmmm In the future I may have to find a way to do that. I already use a piece of plywood that I lay across it to use as a seat.

I am already thinking on how I can incorporate the feeder into a table frame with a removable top. Very interesting idea.