Water Tight box

Discussion in 'Electrical & Radio' started by CURT, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Kotori87

Kotori87 Well-Known Member

I used one of the Traxxas servos in one of my transports. It got sunk twice with the traxxas servo, once in 7 feet of water and once in 3 feet of water.

in 7 feet of water, I was using a non-waterproof receiver. Since I had no way to test, I gave all the electronics an alcohol bath. The servo wasn't full of water, but I don't recall if the moisture I saw had dripped off me (having just gone for a swim) or was there when I opened the case.

in 3 feet of water, I was using a waterproofed receiver. I was able to pick up the ship, pour the water out, and sail it back to shore under its own power. The servo held up fine.

one other observation: it is pretty easy for the bottom gasket to fall out of position during assembly, or get crushed and flattened in one spot. Not sure if this is the cause of bottom gasket failures that others have reported, but I have always been very careful about keeping it in good condition and properly positioned.

2. jadfer

jadfer Well-Known Member

So you take apart the Traxxas 'water-proof' and water proof it more? I tried doing regular servos and burned them up in the process. After that I said I would just get a Traxxas and call it a day. You mentioned the gasket falling out during assembly so I wasnt sure how to interpret that.
    I could tool dip the servos if the bottom gasket is a problem but I dont take it apart, so do I have to worry?

Thanks