Waterproof boxes

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Gettysburg114th, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    Here is something to look at as far as waterproof boxes if weight is a factor. These are sold at the grocery store.
    http://www.heritagemint.com/jump.jsp?itemID=7&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C7&KickerID=7&KICKER

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Facilitator RCWC Staff Admiral (Supporter)

Look like a good find! Which chains carry them? (Yeah, I'm cheap and want to save the shipping cost :)

3. Gettysburg114th

Gettysburg114th Well-Known Member

I've seen them at Giant Food stores.
    The lids lock and they are waterproof.

4. darticus

darticus Member

Did you try to epoxy to that plastic? Does it work good?

5. Powder Monkey

Powder Monkey Active Member

I’m with you tug these have caught my eye to trouble is my wife caught me in her cabinet with a tape measure that’s why I was planeing on building but I might have another go at it I think she is sleeping Shhhhh be vawy vawy quiet [:p]

6. Ragresen

Ragresen Member

Use Plumbers Goop on the boxes. That will seal all of you exits from the box that is not the lid. Only problem I had with this type of box is if you have a tight fit there is a good chance you will see the box get cracked by the force of the BB's. My lid actually got cracked last battle. I am going another way with my ship and water proofing all my stuff and leaving them exposed. to the water. I will make small shielding for all of them though.